Second Skin Audio

1.5 cubic feet and be tuned at 31hz

i have a pair of planet audio bb2 12" subs and the manual says to build a 1.5 cubic foot box and a a 8x3 port and said that will make it be tuned to 31hz. my step dad says thats bs. so how many cubic feet can i go safely with out blow'n them. i wanna try to get to 32hz

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

i understand that. but 1.5 cubic foot per sub and still hit 32hz isnt possible according to my step dad. so if i build a box thats 5 cubic feet total would that be ok.? and their measurements for the port 8x3 but doesnt say how deep and claims it will be tuned to 31hz

Team DBs (Driven By sound)

techforce_teamdbs.gif

ok the port is 3 inches round and 8 inches deep and yes it is possible for 31 hz if you want 32 then cut it a shy bit shorter like i said...now all you have to do is figure out how to build a box that will be 1.5 cu ft after displacement not before then buy your 3 inch pvc port, cut 8 inches then you have a ported box tuned to 31 hz, the smaller the box the easier it is to tune, the bigger .. the harder but thats if you're going for low lows, if you want loudness go higher on the tuning i'm at 54 hz

so since you have 2 subs, you must build a box 3 cu ft, but you might as well make it like per se 3.4 that way when the subs are put in, it becomes 3 to 3.1 cu ft, which in reality is 1.5 to 1.55 per sub you can find alot of boxes built to the volume spec, but as far as tuning you need to measure their ports as in most cases they are slotted not round

Archived