Sonic Electronix

Okay I will be running a Planet Audio TQ1601D that does 1300 watts rms @ 1 ohm and don't start the argument that it doesn't put out that power because it has 4 35 amp fuses which is 140 amps so 140x13.5=1890 watts and its a class d amp so %70 efficiency 1890x0.7=1323 watts and thats not even at 14.4 volts like most amps so please spare yourself the need to make yourself look like a :noob:. Now what I am looking for is the loudest setup for my budget of $295 for just the subs and nothing else.

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

you could get a dc lvl 4 or possibly a lvl4xl, if you can pick it up locally, for that price. Just check on craigslist, or on the for sale section on here. just remember what they all say, 10% equipment, 90% install. I don't know what you drive but if you could drop in a second battery and do one sub in a well built t-line then it should be awesome. Just my opinion.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

you could get a dc lvl 4 or possibly a lvl4xl, if you can pick it up locally, for that price. Just check on craigslist, or on the for sale section on here. just remember what they all say, 10% equipment, 90% install. I don't know what you drive but if you could drop in a second battery and do one sub in a well built t-line then it should be awesome. Just my opinion.

i drive a 2008 kia rio and do you think that one level 4 xl 10 in a t-line will get louder then say 2 dc audio level 3 15's sealed off the same power? i think the 10 would be cool cause everyone wouldn't believe its just one 10 but i think the 2 15's would save me money since i already have a level 3 15 and i would just have to buy a second one

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

Guest jbinn

I would go with two AQ HD2.5's for that price I believe that'd run you about $320 shipped and they're 600RMS a piece which would put you right @ 1200RMS @ 1OHM. To be completely honest I think AQ HD's are cleaner sounding than DC's and two 12" AQ's will get louder than 1 DC 10".

I didnt see you already had 1 15" DC LVL 3 TBH I'd just get a 2nd one of those, save you money and be loud as fuck, you wont see any gain going to ONE LVL4XL to be honest unless you went with an 18" and more power.

I would go with two AQ HD2.5's for that price I believe that'd run you about $320 shipped and they're 600RMS a piece which would put you right @ 1200RMS @ 1OHM. To be completely honest I think AQ HD's are cleaner sounding than DC's and two 12" AQ's will get louder than 1 DC 10".

so you think 2 hd2.5 12's will get louder and cleaner than 2 dc audio level 3 15's sealed?

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

i drive a 2008 kia rio and do you think that one level 4 xl 10 in a t-line will get louder then say 2 dc audio level 3 15's sealed off the same power? i think the 10 would be cool cause everyone wouldn't believe its just one 10 but i think the 2 15's would save me money since i already have a level 3 15 and i would just have to buy a second one

It's hard to say, but you could always just be simple and just get a 2nd level 3 and try to go ported, it would make a world of difference, I figured you were saying that you wanted a different sub, my bad then. but even though the subs are made by the same company, that doesn't mean they have the same characteristics, and some times one smaller but better sub can be better than two larger subs. For instance I have two 15" JBLs and my friend has a single 12 inch Fi SSD, and his SSD can hit just as hard as both of my subs on the same power. Generally, the deciding factor is power per sub and cone area, like you could do one 15 at 1200 watts, or two 10s at 600 each, but the one 15 actually still has more cone area, therefore, in theory, it should be louder. But there are a lot of factors involved in trying to get louder without sacrificing sound quality. I think the best thing you could do would be to research all the different subs you would consider and look up some videos of them in action on youtube and photobucket.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Archived