How Bad Is This??

here is my guess. the battery is draining after that time goes by. the alt is working to charge the battery and run the system. the cap is trying to charge as well but since it charges so fast is just sucking power only to have it taken immediately away by the amps. so it never really gets a charge.

very quick explanation because i gotta run off. sorry if it didnt make sense lol.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

well, its a pretty easy breakdown just on what you said. if the voltage is 14.0-13.9 at the battery and then it drops that low @ the amp, the only thing in between is the cap.

I Agree there. I guess hes gonna go without bass for awhile until he can afford a new batt.

here is my guess. the battery is draining after that time goes by. the alt is working to charge the battery and run the system. the cap is trying to charge as well but since it charges so fast is just sucking power only to have it taken immediately away by the amps. so it never really gets a charge.

very quick explanation because i gotta run off. sorry if it didnt make sense lol.

Actually man that made perfect sense to me, That is true that caps charge and discharge quicker than batts. That could be the problem. Do you think a bat and maybe 2 runs of positive and negative would work better??

Maybe he didnt charge the cap right. U gotta charge it to like 12 volts or something. Its probably not charged all the way. Or just lose the cap and dont fuck with it. Either one.

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

Maybe he didnt charge the cap right. U gotta charge it to like 12 volts or something. Its probably not charged all the way. Or just lose the cap and dont fuck with it. Either one.

I thought about that also, I guess tomorrow ima gonna start with charging the cap, then go to removing it and record results, hopefully he will go with a batt, and then that will solve it

theres 1 2 3 people that say drop the cap, caps are useless in small set ups iirc, not 100% sure, but then again idk why its acting the oppisite of what its sopost to do unless im not thinking right

edit: yes it is messing with the voltage, if you drop the cap then the voltage from your batt youll be getting at the amp unless it has a set limit on how much voltage it can take, like some audiopipes are set at 12v i beleave

Actually I think its the reverse. They're great in systems where you have ZERO voltage drop and you just want t even out the peaks.

See ISO's sig. I think its his where its stated...

You may be offended by the above. Don't take it personally, I'm just abrasive.

DC Level 4 M2 12 D2

Car Audio Bargain 1600.1

Eclipse CD3200

~2 cubes @ 34 hz.

Stinger Roadkill Expert