Sonic Electronix

ive looked on alot of fourms and all i get is people saying either foward or backward. most people favor backward. and i know it depends on the interior of your car. but i was planning on facing the sub foward with an upward angle. do you think this would be the same as faceing it foward without any angle or would it change the sound possibly louder or softer inside the car?

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!

I don't know what you call it, but you won't gain or lose volume with the direction the subwoofer is faced. Subwoofers aren't like regular speakers, how if you point the speaker towards you it's louder versus if you point it away from you, bass just GOES, doesn't matter which way it's facing.

I know if you reverse fire the subs, like with the magnet on the outside of the box, with how the cone is shaped adds a little bit of volume to the inside of the box so it may sound different like that, but you could face the subwoofer in the most random direction in the trunk and it won't change.

but generally speaking if you're running a ported sub box with back seats down, face it towards the back, if you're gonna face it foward you're gonna want to seal the box off from the rest of the trunk, bolted/foam expander.. etc.. then a wall behind the box so that no sound escapes to the cargo area all sound waves will travel to the cabin, you gain more db, and loudness :)

well what about when your box is were the backseat would be? should i seal off the trunk from the cabin where the sub is located?

06 Honda Civic Si

and this is in a ported box. 5.8 cubes with a 15"L7

06 Honda Civic Si

I don't know what you call it, but you won't gain or lose volume with the direction the subwoofer is faced. Subwoofers aren't like regular speakers, how if you point the speaker towards you it's louder versus if you point it away from you, bass just GOES, doesn't matter which way it's facing.

I know if you reverse fire the subs, like with the magnet on the outside of the box, with how the cone is shaped adds a little bit of volume to the inside of the box so it may sound different like that, but you could face the subwoofer in the most random direction in the trunk and it won't change.

wow,.. so not true.

i can gain 4 db by facing my box firing rear vs firing forward, i also gain more firing sub forward that firing up.

take the back seats out though gives you more space for a good box to be built but thats alotta box for one sub tho.. lol

the back seats are already out. and i already built the box. ha, and yes i know its a little big. but ive build boxed before in the past and i always use a size someware in the recomended sizes. but ive personally liked how subs sound in a bigger box compaired to a smaller one. and for blocking off the trunk from cab, i am planning on building a wall like thing. but long story short when this is all done you will not beable to see into the trunk from the cab and viseversa. would this be good enough for sealing the cab from trunk or should i put a peice of 3/4" mdf with some sound dedener?

06 Honda Civic Si