Sonic Electronix

1900w through 16awg? that would scare me.

your probably clipping.

My speaker wire is 16 guage. And trust me. My amp is NOT putting out even close to that. And thanks everyone for the suggestions. When i get home i will check it out and see what i can do. And also, how do know if ur amp is clipping or not?

2010 Civic SI sedan: Crystal Black Pearl

All stock.

my l7 smelled early when i first got it. get a dmm and set your gains, dont even touch the bass boost make sure your filters are set correctly, upgrade your wire to 12gauge and get around to building a box that isnt stupid small and tuned high as shit. if it still smells the im lost

Edited by bassin taco

99 Toyota tacoma

- Alpine CDA 9887 head unit

- Rockford Mids & Highs

- Soundstreme TRX Mids & High amp

- Hifonics 2010D amp

- 15 Kicker L7

- 4 cube fiberglass box at 33 Hz

- optima yellow top

- big 3

- Knu wiring

- future vision 8K hids

- 36 square Ft damp pro with tweaker kit

soon to come

-1 more optima yellow top

Sorry but, how can to small of an enclosure cause a smell?

the smaller the box the less the speaker moves. the less it moves the less it cools but it still gets the same power.

Thats the thing tho. I dont know how to use a dmm to set gains. Ive got one, i just dont know how to use it.

http://mobile.jlaudio.com/support_pages.php?page_id=143

I also have a question about this ^, I know you're suppose to put everything to 0 on your headunit, but my headunit goes into the negatives.. Still put it on 0?

that would be an alpine hu. it doesnt add anything to the sub out, it only takes away. go ahead and leave it at 0. some of them go 0-15 but 15 is like 0 and "0" is like -15

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

I also have a question about this ^, I know you're suppose to put everything to 0 on your headunit, but my headunit goes into the negatives.. Still put it on 0?

if you have a sub level, put that all the way up. keep everything at 0, you can put the bass on a - number if your speakers distort, that is perfectly alright but the downside would be you need to turn your gain up a tad more.

i didnt notice it anyware, is this a 12, 10, 15?..er what?

nevermind. i seen it in your signature.

now i havent herd of the "D4" part of the l7. but if it is the same thing as the others you need 3.0 cubic feet - 6.0 cubic feet if it is a vented box. Or 1.5 cubic feet - 6.0 cubic feet if its a sealed box.

Edited by fuggnore

06 Honda Civic Si

Sub: 15" Kicker L7

Sub Amplifier: Phoenix Gold RSd 1200.1

Head Unit: Kenwood KDC-HD545U

Speakers: undecided

Speaker amp: undecided

Still alot more to come!!!