help me pick a new midbass driver

2 members have voted

1. 1. what midbass driver?

• rainbow germanium
    • morel dotech ovation

what have you heard from each brand?

everything ive listened to with anything morel has sounded really good, tweeters woofers, it all sounded great. ive heard rainbow in 3 different cars and was more impressed by the alpine type s5.25 and 6x9s that i had in my ram.

http://s183.photobucket.com/albums/x24/bkolfo4/?action=view&current=MVI_1759.flv

i dont know if i did the link right but listen to this. its brian owens van (ascendant audio dealer) he has 6 aa carbon mids per door(i bought them b/c of this video and love em) and 4 morel tweeters per door. the point of the video is to show how good morel sounds

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

Interweb videos all sound the same on on 5 dollar computer speakers from Wal-Mart......

¿ǝɯɐƃ ǝɥʇ

Trolls never learn............

All BS aside, If I see one more comment in here that is NOT about the pre-sale, I will start the vacations. And that includes the trolls feeding the trolls.

YOU THE ONE THAT SOUND LIKE A OGER AND HUMPBACK/TROLLS?

Add "SMDLIFER" on Xbox LIVE to play with other SMD members.

lol sorry...his van sounded awesome all the way around. the 8 tweeters kept up with 6 aa mayhem 12s and 6 incriminator 40.1s (160 dbs)

="Impact"]

pioneer 4200 dvd

4 sets aa carbon mids

2 sets rockford power t1 tweeters

rockford power t400.4

rockford power 4inch

DC 175.4 DC 3.5k (soon to be 2)

2 DC XL 15s

The artist formally known as willie3719

the morels suck balls for mid bass.

for just a midbass, id look at cdt or image.

both of those drivers have good output for bass, but suck balls on midrange.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz

the morels suck balls for mid bass.

for just a midbass, id look at cdt or image.

both of those drivers have good output for bass, but suck balls on midrange.

ah yes, when i made this thread i was hoping ray would chime in here.

ya i had a set of morels and they only lasted about 1 week in my car. shit midbass.

the ones i picked suck on midbass?

what CDT's would you recommend? i had one set i was not so happy with but they were a little cheap.

again, i would love to put ID in my car, just not sure they will fit.

Edited by skittlesRgood

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

bump

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

dont know what cdt's..

i know he spent 300 on them.

that was 4 years ago.

2008 California state record holder 157.2 Bassrace2009 California state record holder 157.0 BassraceRollin 50's 158.7db2009 King of Cali Bassrace2009 USACi score 160.5 @ 42hz