Sonic Electronix

Problem after installing friends system.

So, 2 12"s.. 2 amps. Same 12's, same amps. Different wires.

He's short on money, so I gave him some 4 gage to hook up one of the amps with, and had to use 8 gage for the other amp.

Same speaker wire, and same amp settings.

Both subs are in a sealed box.

BUT, ONE SUB, JUST BOUNCES OUT LIKE NO PROBLEM, while the other one is all STIFF. Now my first thought was, oh smaller power, smaller excursion.. But I had it mixed up.. The 8gage powered amp is powering the sub that's doing fine.

What could be the problem here? My second thought was that the stiff sub was newer maybe, .. But I can put my hand on it and feel the other sub just beating harder.

wired to different ohm loads?

Build log: Click

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- ALPINE TYPE R 5.25 COMP

- 3 ALPINE TYPE R 6.5 COMPs

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

Specs on Subs/Amps?

Could be a blown voice coil.. or how you have them wired.. Happened to me because I had one wired to 1ohm and the other to 2ohm hgaha.

33y2914.jpg

Team Subsonic Lows

Get your garbage EMF products of my amp bitch

Man....it makes a nice work bench ;)

You know I'm thinking I might of wired them wrong.. I checked at least 5 times but still...

Subs are Fosgates.. (P3D412) I believe, 500rms, 1000max. (x2)

Amps are also Fosgates.. Not sure what model, besides Punches. They're 500rms each though.

EDIT, Turns out the STIFF one, is brand new.. But I mean, I just feel it not getting as much power. I'm going to try switching the amps around and see what happens.. Might even be a faulty amp

EDIT.. F me.. One of the speaker wires came out. And sense the box was sealed, the other sub was just moving because of the air pressure on it.. (To me it honestly felt like it was getting a little something..) But whatever. Problem fixed..

ALTHOUGH, is the polarity suppose to be mixed in a sealed box?.. Like .. One sub goes in, when the other comes out?..

You know I'm thinking I might of wired them wrong.. I checked at least 5 times but still...

Subs are Fosgates.. (P3D412) I believe, 500rms, 1000max. (x2)

Amps are also Fosgates.. Not sure what model, besides Punches. They're 500rms each though.

EDIT, Turns out the STIFF one, is brand new.. But I mean, I just feel it not getting as much power. I'm going to try switching the amps around and see what happens.. Might even be a faulty amp

EDIT.. F me.. One of the speaker wires came out. And sense the box was sealed, the other sub was just moving because of the air pressure on it.. (To me it honestly felt like it was getting a little something..) But whatever. Problem fixed..

ALTHOUGH, is the polarity suppose to be mixed in a sealed box?.. Like .. One sub goes in, when the other comes out?..

No.

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s

- KNU 0ga

- 60 SqFt Damp Pro

Lots more...

it shifts the phase... :peepwall: lol it changes the phase 0-180 degrees, which is whats wrong if the subs are moving opposite, there out of phase, either turn one of the phase shift dials on one amp or switch the wiring on one sub

03 Chevy Blazer

- IPad Air 2 

- ALPINE Head Unit

- 4 DC XL 18s

- 2 DC 3.5k

- DC 175.4

- DC HO Alt

- D3400

- 4 XP3000s