Second Skin Audio

Fosgate 10 Inch Single 4 Ohm Subs....

if it makes a crunching noise its blown, if it reads no ohm load its blown, if it smells like real bad burnt electronic smell....its blown. those subs dont handle much power at all.

NoFearX18 said:

Nick will bang just about anything.....LMAO....pun intended

On 4/13/2010 at 9:51 AM, meade916 said:

i was like DAMN, Chode is hardcore! he makes james look like a friendly person LOL!

trainman0978 said:

I dont know who is worse with the buttholes Chode or Big P...

thdsig2_zps7dd050e2.jpg

TDHsig1_zps90d6048b.jpg

Team Deadly Hertz / Team DC Audio / Team XS Power

2010 DC AUDIO MEMBER OF THE YEAR!!!

DuckretaryFEAR THE DUCK Durangho Chodes Blowthrough Build Youtube vids Muh Wife

Need DC Audio? Hit me up for pricing!!!

if it makes a crunching noise its blown, if it reads no ohm load its blown, if it smells like real bad burnt electronic smell....its blown. those subs dont handle much power at all.

No noise, reads ohms, doesnt smell bad... Does this mean that it isnt blown, and maybe the box it too small? Or that the surround needs to be sealed, and that is possibly where the noise is coming from?

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

rf_vc.jpg

I was trying to fix the sub that had that tear in the surround and I got to looking at where the voice coil hooked up to the cone, and this is what I saw, it was a kind of white looking color, and there is some that is on the numbers, but seprate from where the coil meets the speaker, I am guessing that might be smoke or something. Do you guys think that it is blown, and not worth working on? There is a little white on the positive coil...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif

Today we realized that we had it seeing a 2 ohm load from a 4 ohm stable amp... Not that that has anything to do with the subwoofer cause it would have hurt the amp... Anyways I think that the sub is bottoming out and that it isnt blown... I might just tell the guy that the sub isnt sounding right and ill give 50 for both in the box...

Damn Thiefs

supportingmemeber.gif