Sonic Electronix

How should i ship a sub with an enclosure??

ok i need some help on what to do here if i need to ship an enclosure with the sub. should i build a crate for the enclosure to fit in or should i use a cardboard box?

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

Ship the sub separately.

that would be kinda of pricey :ehh: i would like to do it as economically as possible i was thinking about putting the sub in the enclosure and then making the box 2 inches bigger than the rest of the box and but little blocks of wood to space the box out so it won't hit the sub

My Car Audio Setup:

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

that would be kinda of pricey :ehh: i would like to do it as economically as possible i was thinking about putting the sub in the enclosure and then making the box 2 inches bigger than the rest of the box and but little blocks of wood to space the box out so it won't hit the sub

same thing i was thinking. that way the subs doesn't get messed up like you said. :good:

It may be pricier to ship them separately, but that is your best bet for a safe delivery. Shipping the sub in its own box would allow the motor and basket to be supported. If it was mounted in an enclosure, the motor would not have any support other than being mounted to the basket. That could cause the basket to actually break because of the motors weight if it were to be banged around.

97 Maxima SE

Bunch of shit going in, check out the build

alpine_logo.jpgSundown_Banner.jpgxspower.png

same thing i was thinking. that way the subs doesn't get messed up like you said. :good:

when i build it i should post a how to for people that do the same and maybe i might get it stickied :yahoo:

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

It may be pricier to ship them separately, but that is your best bet for a safe delivery. Shipping the sub in its own box would allow the motor and basket to be supported. If it was mounted in an enclosure, the motor would not have any support other than being mounted to the basket. That could cause the basket to actually break because of the motors weight if it were to be banged around.

wow i didn't know that sub motors and baskets were so weak :ehh:sub and that is just a cheap one not a fi or anything like that lol

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

i would put thick foam and blocks of wood just to be safe :good:

My Car Audio Setup:

Home Audio Setup:

Archived