Ground Noise

I tried to refrain from posting this but I'm quickly running out of ideas. I apologize in advance haha

I recently installed the AQ4x90, at first everything was fine and had very little noise. Since the level has grown a little and im getting alternator wine, I've ordered a new h/oalternator/battery so when I get those i will be doing the wires in 0 gauge. Problem is today I was running 0 gauge to hook up the sub amp and moved some wires around to organize. Turned on the car and now I get this loud thump when changing songs.

///Edit, ground noise "static is gone", still got this thump when i change songs though.

*RCA's are ran on the opposite side of the power wire, checked those for pinchs, found nothing. Tried grounding them to the case, also nothing.

*Moved the ground to different spots, same result.

*Grounded the head unit, nothing.

Played with the amp and found out that the thump is less with gain turned down, makes me thing it's either getting amplified or its the amp itself. Their is still ground noise with the gain the whole way down just not as violent of a thump.

Next plans are to just redo the stock battery grounds in 0 gauge now instead of waiting for the alt/batt.

and i am trying to get access to another head unit and amp to check to see if either one of those is the problem. I've googled and searched on here but seems as if i've tried most if not all of what is being said. Any other ideas guys? Thanks, preciate your time reading this.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

Highest Score to date: 151.2 db @ Headrest

Also checked resistance on speakers, read 4 ohm as it should.

Old Setup
03 DurangoRF Power T1 6.5 CompsMids/Highs Amp: AQ4x90Sub Amp: AQ 3500.1DSubs: 2 DC XL 18sBox: 12ft^3 tuned to 33HzMechman 270 Amp AltXS 6500XS 3100 x2

check to see if your speaker wires are pinched anywhere. I had terrible wine, and after some search found that my left rear speaker negative wire was being pinched hardcore. Straightened that out and everything was fine

wizv.jpg

200a alt. by Excessive Amperage

hc800 under hood & 2 Deka 9a31 in rear

1/0awg + big 3

SAZ 3000D

HDC3 18" @ 2 ohm

check to see if your speaker wires are pinched anywhere. I had terrible wine, and after some search found that my left rear speaker negative wire was being pinched hardcore. Straightened that out and everything was fine

Thanks, i figured out the ground noise problem, now i jus get this thump everytime i change the song, its the only time it does it, i have the gain on my mids/highs amp because it gets amplified just as loud as the music whenever i change a song its just annoying and ruining my ability to cruise haha, i have a few hours today i will be out there messin around, is it possible a short would cause just that? The amp plays fine everything is the way it was before just now this thump when switching songs.

Old Setup

The only thing i'm finding is maybe pick up a few of these to put on your rca's.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24845_Axxess+AGL610.html

And the other thing I am coming up is that it may be the head unit. It may be DC on the RCA's and you could try to block it out with an audi transformer.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5262_PAC+SNI-1.html

Both of those options would require a little more looking into, but I'm just trying to find you some of the less obvious solutions.

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

The only thing i'm finding is maybe pick up a few of these to put on your rca's.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_24845_Axxess+AGL610.html

And the other thing I am coming up is that it may be the head unit. It may be DC on the RCA's and you could try to block it out with an audi transformer.

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_5262_PAC+SNI-1.html

Both of those options would require a little more looking into, but I'm just trying to find you some of the less obvious solutions.

I tried my friends amp today and got no thump, sadly that kind of narrows it down. I'm going to talk to AQ and see what they have to say. The amp works fine besides changing songs so I hope it's just something stupid. If the thump didnt get amplified I would just deal with it for now but I have the gain the whole way down.

Old Setup

Archived