Sonic Electronix

MTX TE4001D questions?????

Anyone here ever used one.????? I like the rockford t4K but, I have seen a few of them crap out , and read more than I would have liked to have about the same issue... This is not something I am looking forward to dealing with, so I'm looking elsewhere.. I got a line on 4 TE4001D's at a better than most price tag. So if they will hold up, I'll prolly grab em.....

HOWEVER, I need them to run atleast 16V... (trying something to see if it works out for me..) I don't mind having to manually set gain levels ( Unlike the RF.) I know I can strap 4 , so that isn't an issue... I figure 1 amp per par should be more than enough for this project.

My BIG issue, is I'm not a HUGE MTX fan... I have had some stufff thats still going strong after like 16 years of abuse, and other stuff that just crapped out really quick.... (I wasn't a big fan of the 8500's at all.. I blew up 13 in 9 days... and they were not being overdriven, nor underpowered at all....

So are the new TE amps worth having, or should I skip it, and do something else...... I know there are a few Big Amp guys out there right now.... I have seen god stuff from soundstream , and all of the amps I ever bought from them were great, but its all very old Refernce line stuff...PPI, I think makes a biggun now, I'm just trying my hands at building real " BIG" system.... Until now, I have kept entire systems under about 3500 Watts.. This one I'm looking to go WAY beyond that......Thus far....

Unknown deck (still looking around)

4 4000+ amps, ready to buy, just unsure what ones.

8 DC lvl4's 15's

6 Kinetik 2400's

3/0 I have 250' if I need it.

Solid Cooper plate 2.5"W X 4' L

Two 940CA Optima Redtops under the hood.

Looking into HOA's as well..

8 Pairs of Vifa 5.25" Mids

6 Pairs of EMITS ( The old rectangular ones)

2 Pairs of 10" Infinity KCS 100 ( The old graphite, Kappa series... Best sounding infinity ever made.. Also being used for Mid Bass anyway)

Handmade Passive X-Overs ( Thanks Mark..... Speilberg Audio Labs)

Handmade RCA's also Speilberg Audio

Thinking of grabbing up like 8 Alphasonik FA 250's from a buddy.... He bought them for all 3 of his cars in college ( Now he's turned into an old man, and leaves his lexus all factory, so I'll try and buy them over the next few weeks... He's not asking a bunch for them, and they are all Class A amps from the early 90's)

I had two of the FA150's back then, they are beautiful....Just as nice as my buddies Tube amps did.....

99 Suburban, just waiting for its demise...

Also throwing in my 64Gb iPad

I'm trying to get super SQ, with the subs turned off, and Retardation with them switched on...

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated......

I'll post pics as I get things moving along... Waiting for another couple weeks to buy my big amps.....

As I get everything put into the garage, I will throw up pics.......

you must be getting a killer deal to even consider 4 of them!! wholesale is insane on them. i have never used one but they look pretty nice.

REST IN PARADISE BIG RICH (Sqmonte) never forgotten

Why do you guys ALWAYS dispute on NUMBERS?????

It's such a played out argument, so fucking annoying....

It's 12 fuckin 15's.... It's louder than you... Shut the fuck up...

/Rant

:)

I'm so jealous, it makes me want to club baby seals. That shit gets down HARD!

dont buy from knowledge he will scam you.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/30995-official-knowledge-feedback/

Archived