Playa Named Joe Posted August 2, 2010 Report Posted August 2, 2010 I have abosolutly NO bass comeing from my door speakers, they are basicaly free airing. So, would this help out and give me some bass from my door speakers? http://cgi.ebay.com/MUST-ENCLOSURES-6-6-5-SPEAKERS-/310180227420?cmd=ViewItem&pt=Car_Speakers&hash=item48382ea95c Would this make a good difference and help them sound better? I have Punch 6.5" 2 ways, and want some mid bass. Thanks, Joe 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Playa Named Joe Posted August 3, 2010 Author Report Posted August 3, 2010 Or if someone is using something similar, make a suggestion on what product you use. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
bassmekanik22 Posted August 3, 2010 Report Posted August 3, 2010 I have used somthing similar to these before. I found the speakers to gain some high frequency mid bass but not the same as what I wanted to get from them. Although more expensive dynamat is the better way about it IMHO but it is a more expensive way to go. If done well the dynamat will nett better bass response AND a quieter ride too boot. I always say the more the better with it too. I have 4 sheets per door in my 4 door hatch and about 8 in the boot. I can almost not hear the exhaust let alone the road with it all done. Also make sure the door trim seals well to the door and the speaker to the trim/spacer likewise. Systems: Fun Car: Deck: Alpine CDA-9887 Front sounds: Alpine SPR-175A x2 Front power: RF T400.2 Benched at 265x2 rms @ 2ohm Subs: RF T1 10 dual 4 Ohm x1 Sub power: RF R500.1 Box yet to be built. All in a Mazda 323 Hatch in the cargo area only. Daily hack: Deck: Alpine CDA-9886 Front sounds: RF T152 5.25" coax x2 Front power: RF Power T400.2 Subs: Alpine SWR-1021d x4 Sub power: RF Power T20001 4.59cuft net 56" of port tuned to 32hz. Work ute Deck: Alpine iDA-X303 Speakers front: Stock Speakers rear: None Subs: Alpine type S SWS-1040 Amp: Alpine MRV-T320 x1 for woofer. Box 1.42 cuft 39hz hidden under tray in blow thru design. New ute to be much different.
Playa Named Joe Posted August 3, 2010 Author Report Posted August 3, 2010 Well, I have like 5 sheets of Damplifier, but I can not figure out to get the door panels off. If I could, I would have at least 2 layers behind it. 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Beanz Posted August 3, 2010 Report Posted August 3, 2010 Here you go theres a link for removing your panels http://www.wbodydb.com/tutorials/audioinstall/GrandPrix94-96.pdf You own me 50 pesos That's why they don't deliver. Yer ass better go sit along the side of the road and wait. You can't expect them to travel up some dirt road in a hick / back woods town. Thats how horror movies start I explain things very simply and use analogies in terms of Pickles, and grape drink, pool noodles and jackhammers...if you can't put 2 and 2 together there man, There simply is not much more I can do.
Playa Named Joe Posted August 3, 2010 Author Report Posted August 3, 2010 Here you go theres a link for removing your panels http://www.wbodydb.com/tutorials/audioinstall/GrandPrix94-96.pdf You own me 50 pesos Well, for posting here you owe me 53 pesos. Thanks for that. So it would sound better to put deadener behind it then to buy a pod/baffle/enclosure? 1994 Pontiac Grand Prix build
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.