my computer trys to restart every time i put in a cd

evrytime i put a disc into either drive on my computer it shuts off and trys to restart over and over again. if i open and close it without a disc its fine but when i add the disc i goes awall. what could be causing this its not because of insufficient power thats all i know so far.

Get a bigger power supply...you already answered your own question. But, does it instantly shut off, or go through the actual windows shutdown process?

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

Get a bigger power supply...you already answered your own question. But, does it instantly shut off, or go through the actual windows shutdown process?

the second the drive closes it instantly shut down and tries over and over to reboot. but ive disconnected multiple other drives so that they dont draw power and it still happens. do you thin the power supply could have gone bad over time?

the second the drive closes it instantly shut down and tries over and over to reboot. but ive disconnected multiple other drives so that they dont draw power and it still happens. do you thin the power supply could have gone bad over time?

One of the 12v rails could be bad(if it has multiples), or the single rail could be going bad...If you have another PSU laying around, try using it..or your best bet is to buy a new one bro.

Edit: If its a stock prebuilt(name brand) pc, and you don't wanna spend a lot of money on the PSU. go with something like this http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PS480D-BLK&cat=PWR

They have really low prices and a 1 year warranty.

Edited by Slawsen

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

One of the 12v rails could be bad(if it has multiples), or the single rail could be going bad...If you have another PSU laying around, try using it..or your best bet is to buy a new one bro.

Edit: If its a stock prebuilt(name brand) pc, and you don't wanna spend a lot of money on the PSU. go with something like this http://www.geeks.com/details.asp?invtid=PS480D-BLK&cat=PWR

They have really low prices and a 1 year warranty.

i would absolutely not recommend getting an aftermarket PSU to install in a prebuilt computer. i know for a fact that most DELL machines' power supply's have a few wires switched around on the main 20/24 pin motherboard connector for the sole purpose of only using that specific powersupply with that computer. if you try to put an aftermarket one in there then you could be putting 12v into a 3.3v socket or 5v into ground or something like that.

they do make aftermarket psu for brand name computers.. you just have to look at the specs, but i agree , its either the power supply going bad, cause its draws more power trying to spin the cd, or else the cd drive are both bad, but if they're both shutting down the system, then your psu is the main issue, you can get a replacement for around 40 bucks.. even a more powerful supply to ease the demand of your setup

Have you disconnected the cd drives and tried to restart?

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

yeahh ill switch out the rails and see what happens but im going to buy try a spare drive today. and if that doesnt help im going to buy a new psu today. it is custom built so im just going to buy something cheaper in the 500w range.

I fix computers. Usually when I see the contant restart I unplug the cd drives or drive. If it boots and stays on the cd drive is usually bad. Mostly Dells do this.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif