Cheaply Upgraded Some Mids And Tweets.

audiofanaticz

So last week I was at the audio shop in town and ended up giving the owners buddy/installer a ride home from work cuz his wife was taking forever. I turned my stereo up a bit and he said it felt like my harsh tweets where going to make his ears bleed. The next day they where laughing about it in the shop and I said its not bad them radio shack horn tweeters are the only thing that wont fry. My component tweeters fried, the el cheapo power acoustik tweeters fried, and the radioshack horns worked without a problem.

Well today I get to the shop and Im just chilling taking out some trash and what not and I was told to go check out the shelf in the back room. I go look and theres 4 SoundStream SPL69s. Josh and Chris say take them and do something about your tweets. So as directed to, I started upgrading.

I figure these will do til I buy new components and glass my doors all up. Nothing too fancy just a quick fix for the time being.

On with the pics!! :lol:

Heres some goodies on the table.

DCAO0040.jpg

Driver side door w/old fried power acoustik tweets.

DCAO0037.jpg

Speaker panel removed to show the pioneer components and radio shack horn tweeters (the horn was cut off too fit in the doors).

DCAO0038.jpg

Just a shot with the door panel off (no sound deadening yet, but will be done whenever I buy new components and glass the door panels).

DCAO0039.jpg

Just a rough idea on what Im going to do.

DCAO0041.jpg

Tweeter and mids wired to the soundstream crossover.

DCAO0042.jpg

The pole piece that went through the 6x9 and screwed to the tweeters. I just cut off the pole and melted the plastic to the door sail, seems pretty secure.

DCAO0043.jpg

DCAO0044.jpg

The tweeters all mounted into the sail via melted plastic and a solider gun. LoL

DCAO0046.jpg

All finished and the door panel back on the door.

DCAO0047.jpg

Now I just got to do the passenger side. :mad:

Archived