Sundown Audio

Stetsom Amp Guts?

bass_4_ever

Hey everybody! I was wondering if anyone has any pics of the amp guts in a new Stetsom 7K, 11K, & 14K? Also, any reviews on these amps? I've seen mixed emotions for daily setups... any input or pics is appreciated!!

Thanks,

Andrew

ive been running the 7k2d daily now for about 5 months, and i have had no issues what so ever

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tatsamaru

a few videos from slamology

ill warn you, you are about to get the fags in here about the fried tinsels...

mine still look brand new..

but if you plan on running them daily, plan on a really nice battery bank, and alt power to keep them charged

The DC Integra 3 18s to 6 15 build log

Team_DC-Derrick's Youtube

Team DC Audio

where theres a will theres a wall.......

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

ive been running the 7k2d daily now for about 5 months, and i have had no issues what so ever

http://www.youtube.com/user/Tatsamaru

a few videos from slamology

ill warn you, you are about to get the fags in here about the fried tinsels...

mine still look brand new..

but if you plan on running them daily, plan on a really nice battery bank, and alt power to keep them charged

Nice setup! That video with the Titanic song cracked me up a little.. for electrical, I already have a 260amp alternator, a regular battey under the hood & 2 Kinetik HC2400's in the trunk... Not sure if I nede more but i probably will add 1-2 batterise

I have 2 300 amp alts coming from DC power.. and 4 kinetik 2400s and 1 1400 up front

the alt i have now is a 180 amp DC alt, but we know they do more then what they say they do...

and i have sever voltage drop...

Team DC Audio

I just realized Steve has reach Voldemort status, over on JP's site he is the one who will not be named....."We dont speak his name over here, fearing it will destroy us" LOL not even in hush tones

wow, you have that bad of a voltage drop with the 7K? Yikes... Riht now I'm running 3000watts rms @ 1 ohm and I don't see my voltage drop under 14v with my 3 batteries & alt (260 amp from DC).

I didnt see hardly any voltage drop from when i ran 3k on my 180 amp alt either.. but this 7k is no joke

they are durable as hell as well

Team DC Audio

if you can fit another alt in there somewhere.. im sure you wont have an issue running the 7k, im eventually going to run either the 11k or 14k for daily in the integra, just havent figured out which one i want yet

Team DC Audio

The engine bay on the 1.8T is so compact that its almost impossible to run a second alternator... even taking off the A/C pump doesn't give as much room needed for an alternator after a bracket is made. Batteries is another issue since the car isnt big to start off with... so 2-3 batteries in the spare tire compartment (theres 2 right now and its tight).. I don't have room anywhere else :(

have you thought about walling it off? if you did that im sure you could add quite a few more batts in there over putting the subs in the hatch area

Team DC Audio

Archived