Sonic Electronix

I was just driving around bumpin' for about 30 mins and then I pullover in an empty lot just to check on everything to make sure nothing is smelling or anything. I put my nose up to the port while the sub was playing and smelled coil. It wasnt that strong though because I had to sniff it a couple times just to be sure and I never smelled it in the car or even when I popped the trunk, only when I brought my nose to the port. So I come home and take my sub out the box and the motor was warm, and then looked at my amp and saw that my LPF was set to 200 Hz. Was the reason is started smelling because of my LPF? Is it still safe to bump without doing anymore damage? I tuned my LPF back down and I have an RE REX 12" running at 2 ohms of an Alpine MRP-450 for anyone interested. Sub is only rated at 175 RMS but Ive read that they can take 250 easy And my gain is only at about 10% so its not like its getting blasted with power.

2003 rsx:Alpine CDE-102Fosgate P300-1Fosgate P1 6.5"s15" Re SRX

they r naturally gonna get a little warm after extended time of play. but if it isnt that strong i wouldnt worry. u might be clipping or just played a song that had some clipping in it. i wouldnt worry

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

does your deck have a lpf on it. i no mine does so i can set it and that way i can rough guess on my amp better. i keep mine about 80hz

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Archived