Which would be more efficient?

0 Gauge from the battery/ground (3.5 feet or so) to the amp with a 0 to 4 gauge reducer so it will fit in the amp.

or

4 gauge soldered ends battery/ground to amp.

If I do the reducers then I can only solder one end of the cable and I know that soldering is the best for getting the most out of your wire.

Any opinions?

1989 E30 325i BMW (New Car)

iPad 64GB 3G (COMING SOON!)

1 12" DC LEVEL 4 w/LEVEL 5 Soft Parts

Ported box - 1.5 Cubes tuned to 33hz

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

4 Gauge Stinger Wire (+ & -)

8 Gauge Amp to Sub Stinger Wire

Tsunami Mini ANL 130 Amp Fuse

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

it truly wont make a difference either way. i say go with the 0awg just because you will upgrade later and need that 0awg.

but dont buy a reducer. just cut a little of the wire off and it will fit into the amp.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

it truly wont make a difference either way. i say go with the 0awg just because you will upgrade later and need that 0awg.

but dont buy a reducer. just cut a little of the wire off and it will fit into the amp.

Okay I'll order some 0awg then:)

I have not done the BIG 3 or anything because it's quite an odd setup compared to most cars.

Alt in the front (like usual) battery in the trunk. But up front there are no connections to connect a positive or anything. Its just a long cable ran from the alt to the battery in the back and it would be a super pain in the ass to do the BIG 3 let alone not cheap at all!

Any suggestions?

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

the wire going from the alt to the trunk is the only battery in the car i take it. i would also upgrade that wire from the alt to the batt(part of the big 3) its an older car and it will help if you ran some 0 gauge wire to replace the old

edit just get this and you will be good to go http://cgi.ebay.com/KnuKonceptz-Metallic-Blue-1-0-Gauge-Power-Wire-20-Feet-/390224036055?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0#ht_4015wt_1137

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...

the wire going from the alt to the trunk is the only battery in the car i take it. i would also upgrade that wire from the alt to the batt(part of the big 3) its an older car and it will help if you ran some 0 gauge wire to replace the old

There is only one battery, yea it is older. 1986. I was going to upgrade all of it but that's at least 20 feet of 0awg just from the alt to the battery. I was just going to add the 0awg to that same line and just run it to the battery. I heard that you shouldn't replace any of the stock cables and just add to it.. ?

Sound Stream STL1.1200D

AUDIO WRAP SUPPORTER!

gbsxnesig.png

Archived