Sonic Electronix

Why is bass booster on your amp bad? I've read all over to leave it at 0, but why is it even on the amp if no one uses it? And is bass booster that is on my headunit (Pioneer 3100DVD) the same thing as on the amp?

2007 Black Tahoe

AudioQue HDC3 15"

AQ 1200d

You can use it like Bass Eq to a certain point, just depends on how you set your gains, use a O-scope and adjust the gain on the amp, then do the same for Bass Eq/Punch Eq/Bass Boost. You can use it without damaging subs, but some songs such as bass added, or some C&S songs can go from not clipping to clipped because of it, just be careful

it will boost a certain frequency. maybe it boosts 45hz and you tune with 50hz. when you play 45hz the output will be pushed harder than what you set up for and cause clipping. this is just what can happen when tuning the gain with the boost up.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Archived