Second Skin Audio

tune this box lol

mrwigglezdj

ok well i have it posted else where but forgot where,

im going to reinstall my wall in my van, the 2 little boxes with 6 10s isnt doing it for me, my ears arent hurtn and my roof barely flexes and i can hear all the crap (tools) in the back rattlen , not my likeing, so the wall will return, but before i put it in i want to retune the box for bass boxing / daily driveing......

148 isnt loud enough for me.. with 12 subs of any size i should be louder but without the proper tuneing i cant get louder,

before i put my wall back in i am going to relocate my seats forward 5 inches and remount them so i can bring my wall all the way up to the bpillar and still be in the guid lines of competiton rules thus killing 60" x 53" x 5" of air space

my wall's box is 19.5cf with 12 10"s my xmax of the subs per manufactor is 17mm (if you need that info or you can find all the specs online via http://www.funkinaudio.com and selecting subwoofers , sx line and then the 10"s)

i want it tuned low real low BUT i want it to be capable of a respectable spl level at the same time , since i do bass boxing and have a championship to defend i need the spl side mixed in there as well but not tuned so high i blow my subs on music or the subs cant reproduce the music properly (hope i make scense) lol

where my port can go in my box i have 14" in width to play with and 30" in height to play with and a max of 24" in depth to playwith before you reach the back wall

and from the drivers side going toward the passenger side the back wall is only straight for 24"s then it angles towards the passenger side to about 12" deep  heres a pic to kind show how the box is set up so you can see what im refering to

2006_0514splbox0005.jpg

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

I like 35 hz for spl/daily.

ok so 14 x 30 x 30 would give you 35 hz, so you would need to bend the port and take in end correction into acount.

das abig port lol, more than double what Im planing for my newest project.

:^  awsome thats almost exactly what i had figured but wanted to double check

i came up with 14x30x26 but ill do 14x30x30 , ill post a video probaly in the next week after i get it reinstalled and wired up for sound =D ill be 4 amps down but ill still get all 12 wired up off 2 amps and just mini bump along :D

Americas loudest work van2006 iasca heavyweight bassboxing champion at 150.4 db with 60second average TL8 memphis PR15s,12 memphis PR6.5's coax,4 memphis PR 1inch tweets

Archived