Sonic Electronix

Thinking Of Starting A New Line Of Amps...

Visitor,

I see your other posts on the other forums asking the same questions.

Please understand and don't let the following comments hurt your feelings.

I'm not trying to discourage you from your dreams or be condescending.

You are talking about a business and I am very familiar with this business as you might guess so just take what I am saying as a gut check.

Because you are a new guy to this side of the business, let me give you just little bit of experienced advise.

1. If you don't know anything about the amplifier business, stay out until you do (I'm guessing you don't know too much about it because of some of the ridiculous, and intentionally misleading suggestions made from people on the other forums, and your reply of "good idea" and "I'll look into it", you clearly do not have a good handle on this business.

Some of the guys were just joking and testing you and you took way too much of it seriously.

2. You are not the first to try the "back yard mechanic" method of buying and selling amps from Korea and of the 20 that tried before, you would be the first to succeed. In the end, a bunch of people will get burned when after you and they realise you have absolutely no technical, customer service or warranty support. You need to have these things first.

The first amp that comes back to you with smoked output devices and board damage will require complete replacement and probably eat up the profit of your last 4 sales.

When this happens 4 or 5 times (and it does in this business), you will be loosing money on every amp you sell for the first 30 you sell.

This will not take long for you to quit and go into hiding. I'm not concerned about you, I'm concerned about the ones that will get burned.

3. Before you start making promises of features, power and cost (not that you have yet), you should probably tell every one here about your business plan. You do have one right?

4. If you knew anything at all about being a business man, you would never, and I mean never reveal the manufacturer or your source or your competitors source for products which you did in your first paragraph. This is the ABC's of business and you missed it completely.

5. Do you know that the companies you mentioned have already contacted the vendor and probably convinced them to not sell you products?

6. Do you have any idea how this impacts the real companies that legitimately sell and support there products, this entire industry and the competitors that use high power equipment?

I'm not trying to bust your balls but I really do not think you have any idea what so ever about high power amplfiers, product support and good business ethics.

There are a million do's and dont's and you have already done several dont's and haven't even made it through the first week of forum posts.

You either know amps and the amp industry or you don't.

Which are you?

I ask this because this is not the kids around the neighborhood asking you for a good deal on product.

These are guys that if you screw them, will come to your house. this you do not want.

Now, having said this, I wish you the best of luck.

i couldnt have said it better myself....i mean LITTERALLY. It makes very good sense and even though it might hurt your feelings and squash your fantasy, its true.

i dont think you should END the dream i think you should approach it differently. Take what was said and learn from it. Learn everything you need to know about the amplifier buisness and do it right. I didnt even buy your amp yet and im already worried (for you) about what you would do if you ever had 3 amps come back smoked.....and like he said, it DOES happen.

i say start over, do it right if you really want to do this. On top of all that who the hell wants a cookie cutter amp that is relabled by 5 brands......not me.

:D

i will give you credit for your continuous honesty.....you must have mentioned 20 times that it wasnt YOUR amp you were just going to label it as such. At least your not frontin like its your creation and i have respect for that.

good luck man

All SMD products + MORE available at my store here! https://wccaraudio.com/ 
wc2022-red-black-whitebg_1667625898__08138.original.png.02e514af82dce531edf1aa4a36851c60.png

Subscribe to My Youtube Channel! Over 1,000,000 subscribers strong! Turn on your notifications!
http://www.youtube.com/meade916

Follow My Instagram! Daily live feeds from the shop, exclusive content way before it hits my Youtube channel...and little squares with photo's in them :D
http://www.instagram.com/meade916

The Official SMD Facebook fan Page
https://www.facebook.com/SteveMeadeDesigns/

Follow my Tweet (Twitter)
http://www.Twitter.com/meade916

Visitor,

I see your other posts on the other forums asking the same questions.

Please understand and don't let the following comments hurt your feelings.

I'm not trying to discourage you from your dreams or be condescending.

You are talking about a business and I am very familiar with this business as you might guess so just take what I am saying as a gut check.

Because you are a new guy to this side of the business, let me give you just little bit of experienced advise.

1. If you don't know anything about the amplifier business, stay out until you do (I'm guessing you don't know too much about it because of some of the ridiculous, and intentionally misleading suggestions made from people on the other forums, and your reply of "good idea" and "I'll look into it", you clearly do not have a good handle on this business.

Some of the guys were just joking and testing you and you took way too much of it seriously.

2. You are not the first to try the "back yard mechanic" method of buying and selling amps from Korea and of the 20 that tried before, you would be the first to succeed. In the end, a bunch of people will get burned when after you and they realise you have absolutely no technical, customer service or warranty support. You need to have these things first.

The first amp that comes back to you with smoked output devices and board damage will require complete replacement and probably eat up the profit of your last 4 sales.

When this happens 4 or 5 times (and it does in this business), you will be loosing money on every amp you sell for the first 30 you sell.

This will not take long for you to quit and go into hiding. I'm not concerned about you, I'm concerned about the ones that will get burned.

3. Before you start making promises of features, power and cost (not that you have yet), you should probably tell every one here about your business plan. You do have one right?

4. If you knew anything at all about being a business man, you would never, and I mean never reveal the manufacturer or your source or your competitors source for products which you did in your first paragraph. This is the ABC's of business and you missed it completely.

5. Do you know that the companies you mentioned have already contacted the vendor and probably convinced them to not sell you products?

6. Do you have any idea how this impacts the real companies that legitimately sell and support there products, this entire industry and the competitors that use high power equipment?

I'm not trying to bust your balls but I really do not think you have any idea what so ever about high power amplfiers, product support and good business ethics.

There are a million do's and dont's and you have already done several dont's and haven't even made it through the first week of forum posts.

You either know amps and the amp industry or you don't.

Which are you?

I ask this because this is not the kids around the neighborhood asking you for a good deal on product.

These are guys that if you screw them, will come to your house. this you do not want.

Now, having said this, I wish you the best of luck.

Again- thank you for the honesty! i do appreciate it...

the only thing that i take ANY issue with is the comment that i have no idea about product support and business ethics (i am currently one of the owners of a series of iron foundries, while i DO know business, you are 100% right- i have 0 knowledge in the amplifier category. definitely something to think about.. and Meade- thanks for the words.. I try and be honest, maybe to a fault :( I will sit back and rethink this, I'm not out, just gonna hold off till i have the time, and plans in place :)

Again- Thanks all for the comments good and bad.. this is what i wanted/needed to hear..

thanks guys :)

im banned because im a jackass....WOOT

Archived