Sonic Electronix

Thinking Of Starting A New Line Of Amps...

Have a few questions for you guys

I am looking into the possibility of having a new line of amps made. They would be zenon built amps (same manufacturer as sundown, incriminator audio, and quite a few more!) The power levels i would be looking at to start with are possibly a 1500 watt, 2200 watt, and a smaller 4 channel (around 50-75 x4 amp) (with bigger/smaller amps, and subs to come)

What kinda prices would YOU be willing to pay for these? (serious answers only, please)

What kind of features would you want to see?

Or do you honestly feel that the feild is ALREADY to crowded with amps, and i shouldnt even bother?

any other suggestions you would like to offer, i am more than willing to hear them!

im banned because im a jackass....WOOT

Over here in Australia we have Jaycar Electronics who sell a brand called Response. This is made by Zenon audio, and is practically the same as Sundown Audio etc. We have a 2 x 80wrms, 2 x 150wrms, 4 x 50wrms, 4 x 100wrms, a 4 x 100wrms D Class, 800wrms mono and a 1500wrms mono.

The whole range is very competitively priced and has quite a big following over here. The only gripe being poor build quality, but I guess you get what you pay for. I think a nice solid, not necessarily big, but stable monoblock would have a good market. Something like 3000wrms and stable down to half ohm daily which isn't hard with tough gear.

36CFDEF1-F93D-4FA3-9934-64EE2EC94080-2856-0000071FCFA47672.png.ebe82e417eabc5f239a4adf293b099f9.png

Previous 150+ daily rides:

Volvo 240 wagon 2 x DD Audio 9915s walled, Isuzu Trooper 6 x DD Audio 3515s walled clamshell, Lexus LX470  2 x Kicked Solo X 18s, Lexus LS400 4  x American Bass HD18 walled

SMD - System of The Month August 2008

My Youtube Videos

Over here in Australia we have Jaycar Electronics who sell a brand called Response. This is made by Zenon audio, and is practically the same as Sundown Audio etc. We have a 2 x 80wrms, 2 x 150wrms, 4 x 50wrms, 4 x 100wrms, a 4 x 100wrms D Class, 800wrms mono and a 1500wrms mono.

The whole range is very competitively priced and has quite a big following over here. The only gripe being poor build quality, but I guess you get what you pay for. I think a nice solid, not necessarily big, but stable monoblock would have a good market. Something like 3000wrms and stable down to half ohm daily which isn't hard with tough gear.

Thanks for the info!

wut i would like to see is a water cooled amp. u know how they have it on computers? if its actually possible it will work really well at keepin it cool

-Matt

2005 Dodge Magnum RT
JVC KD-AVX1

2 PPI S580.2

Obsidian Audio ST1 Horn Tweeters

PRV 8MB450s

Audio Legion 3500.1D

2 RE MT 18s

360 ah LiFePO4 Battery
SHCA 2/0

155.2 @ 29 hz

Kicker CVR 15's build
DD 3512e build
Mini T-Line Build
(6) 8s Build
Nightshade 15s Wall Build
Magnum AB XFL 12s Build
Newest Magnum Build

Who are you and what will they be called?? The Interogation begins! :P:D The Bright Spotlight is on you!

umm.. what do you want to know? my name is chad wilkins, i have been into stereo for about 10 years (I'm 23 now). I don't purport to be an audio god, but i do know my stuff.

The amps are zenon amps (same as sundown, adassa, atomic, cactus, incriminator audio, etc) i am a pretty straight forward Guy! anything else you would like to know, please ask!

wut i would like to see is a water cooled amp. u know how they have it on computers? if its actually possible it will work really well at keepin it cool

taht would require some custom tooling. i am trying to get off the ground here man:) but if i am successful, you can expect many more things!

Archived