Second Skin Audio

Sealing cabin from trunk???

So is there a potentially less damaging way to seal off the cabin from the trunk than great stuffing the shit out of it. Not sure how much longer i'm keeping the car. At least another year up at school, but want possibly a less damaging alternative than fucking the resale value up the ass? I'm getting a good deal of air flowing into the trunk area from the cabin, mainly from a 1/2" gap on top, and want to get it covered for the most part, if not all. The sides I am thinking some gorilla tape for the most part, we'll see. Any suggestions are welcome. thanks ahead guys!

Box has been altered a bit so the sides aren't quite the issue in the air leak, mainly the top. Suppose I can throw in a pic:

0622001506a.jpg

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

hm, only other option that i can think of besides foaming the shit outta it is rig up some wood from the top of the box to the top of wherever its leaking? if not id say just cut some of the carpet out cleanly, then foam the shit outta it, then when you go to sell it, clean up the foam then go and put that carpet back in? idk i tried :P

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

like i said before in other threads,

get like 5 rolls of painters tape*like the blue one* tape off your trunk every little bit,and top of your box too if you want and sides, and then get expanding foam spray it between the gaps let it settle get hard, then get a scalper/box cutter,and cut everything nice and square clean it up,and PROBLEM SOLVED..

and then

in the future when ever you decide to rip it out, work backwards, take the box out peel the tape off, and PRESTO, brand new trunk again.

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Thanks for the quick answers guys. :) We'll see what I can rig up and come up with. I may use parts of both of those and see what happens. And Navi, i've looked at a good deal of these threads to try to formulate a few ideas, my apologies if I had overlooked that suggestion. :pardon: Just looking for some straight forward good suggestions. :drinks:

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, 'Ray' said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

mines sealed off with dynamat and carpet over that

Teamflexissueslong.jpg

06 chrysler 300C Hemi

one mmatts dreadnaut 15 powered by a planet audio vx 2200d

fosgate p200 running planet audio 8" midbass drivers and super compression tweeters

stock battery and a stinger spv44

Irragi 300 amp alternator

big 3 1/0

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/55075-system-in-my-300c/page__view__findpost__p__763656__fromsearch__1

@cash- its all good bro, its a forum you are allowed to speak. lol...but yeah, i wanted to try my idea before i just never got around to it, but seems easy enough to do tape off, spray on

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

i used gorilla take. definitely did the trick. AND i dont have to worry about when i tear out my box id need to get rid of foam

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

The Revolution Was Not Televised

But There Is This Thread(clicky)

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

like i said before in other threads,

get like 5 rolls of painters tape*like the blue one* tape off your trunk every little bit,and top of your box too if you want and sides, and then get expanding foam spray it between the gaps let it settle get hard, then get a scalper/box cutter,and cut everything nice and square clean it up,and PROBLEM SOLVED..

and then

in the future when ever you decide to rip it out, work backwards, take the box out peel the tape off, and PRESTO, brand new trunk again.

as good as i am at ghetto-fyin it never crossed my mind to do this

Fusion With A Stetsom 4k2d on 2 DC XL 15s tuned to 31hz and Subs and ports forward

Dr Merkenstein is my 360 gamertag and my profession. When shit gets real, call in the Doc

i say tape. but what you can do is cut out pieces of carboard to the shape of the gaps and tape it into the gap. so it supports the tape so its stronger. and it helps block it. kinda like a trim panel lol

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

i say tape. but what you can do is cut out pieces of carboard to the shape of the gaps and tape it into the gap. so it supports the tape so its stronger. and it helps block it. kinda like a trim panel lol

if you use gorilla tape you may not even have to do that. that stuff can hold some serious weight. i broke the little area next to cash registers at walgreens cause i like to climb over it. with no more than 5 or 6 yards of tape, more than likely alot less, ran over the areas where it broke it was able to support my weight easy. i weigh 220+

Edited by darkjustice