Sundown Audio

Amp cutting out

toylocost

the amp doesnt go into protect when this happens?

looks like the coil shorted out.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

i thought when voice coils where blown they were sopost to be WAY outta wack like 9-15 ohms? :ehh:

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

i thought when voice coils where blown they were sopost to be WAY outta wack like 9-15 ohms? :ehh:

Coil shorted out inside the sub since his amp was going into protect. So I think that's why the ohm load is down sometime.

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

So because the sub is messed up the amp is probably going into protect and coming back out over and over again? There is no protect light on this amp so I cant really tell. Only thing there is is a pretty blue power light on the front.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.

So because the sub is messed up the amp is probably going into protect and coming back out over and over again? There is no protect light on this amp so I cant really tell. Only thing there is is a pretty blue power light on the front.

You got any other sub to test the amp on?

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

I had a previous problem where my inline fuse was shorted out and was literally sparking(took me forever to find out this was the problem)..amp would lose the main power but the remote would keep it on, it would cut in and out too because the fuse decided to letting power across then taking it away.

00' Nissan Xterra

Always under construction :]

HU: Pioneer DEH3100-UB

Mids & Highs: Kicker DS Component Set & Crescendo tweeters

Mids & Highs Amp: Rockford 150.2

Subwoofer: 2 DC Audio LV 4 18"s

Subwoofer Amp: Hifonics Brutus 2005d

you been hanging out with jeff and dustin with that green paint? its yellow so it has to be loud.

I had a previous problem where my inline fuse was shorted out and was literally sparking(took me forever to find out this was the problem)..amp would lose the main power but the remote would keep it on, it would cut in and out too because the fuse decided to letting power across then taking it away.

was it shorting out or just loosing connection? if it was shorting out im shocked you didnt pop that fuse or burn the car down.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

Ok so I threw the other sub in the trunk and ran it as hard as I felt safe without a box for a whole song and nothing abnormal happened.

So I will probably try to get a warranty on this sub if that doesn't work then I will have to find another. But I still don't know what fucked up the sub in the first place.

99 4runner - So far: Alpine PDX4.100 & AQ1200D. Needz speekrz yo.