Triangle Port Question

Hi Guys,

Having a bit of trouble here.

My box size;

38" Wide

35" High

25" Depth 1

30" Depth 2

I was going to tune it to 33hz unless someone thinks I should tune otherwise to something more / less.

Running 3 kicker L7's but currently have square ports currently but was going to convert them into Triangle thought it would look a lot better. I'm going for pure SPL not SQL in the least. Can someone help me work out the sizes? I've tried doing the math it's fairly simple but for some reason I dont think I'm doing it right.

Here is the current box, this was a picture taken last weekend. Its not even close to done.

dsc01442cd.jpg

Thanks in advanced, hope someone can help.

Edited by Cynner

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..

I think the most simple way to do this would be to do the port calculations with a sqare port. Once you have the proper dimensions of the square port, you can use that area to determine the area of a triangle you need, and you wont need to calc. the length because your going to be using the same port area as befor. Just a differnt shape.I recomend using this calculator, verry nice tool.

Edited by blade7022

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

Just FYI the equasion for finding the side of a equalateral triangle based on the area is a re-work of K=a2(√3/4) Where K=area and a=side of triangle. The re-worked equasion is

((4/√3)K)=a. I say use and equalateral triangle because all you have to do is find the width of the trianle and cut 3 boards to to the width(+7/8" to compensate for the miters assuming 3/4"MDF/Ply) and length and put opposing 60 degree cuts on all 3 and put it together. Ex. Say you find your port lenth to be 18" and width from equasion to be 7" on the dot. You would cut 3 boards(3/4" assumed) to dims of 7 7/8" x 18".

Edited by blade7022

<>< Collosians 2:13-14, Philippians 4:13, 1 John 4:7-10

2 - JBL W15Gti

2 - JBL BP1200.1

Knu 1/0 Wiring

Kenwood KIV-BT901

Kenwood/Garmin Nav.

I think the most simple way to do this would be to do the port calculations with a sqare port. Once you have the proper dimensions of the square port, you can use that area to determine the area of a triangle you need, and you wont need to calc.

That's actually a REALLY good idea. Hmmm...

1997 Chevrolet Cavalier Two 12" DC Audio XL M2'sCrescendo Audio BC5500d

Current Scores: 150+ out the Trunk

On 6/30/2011 at 1:11 AM, &#x27;Ray&#x27; said:

Acoustical energy is free. Electrical energy is not.

two triangle ports, one in each top corner? Would be badass. Flare the end in the box so they're more efficient.

MickyMcD - "Capable of making some serious trouser flapping volumes at where's-my-testicles frequencies, the Servo-Drives used to be fairly jaw dropping..."

Any time you have have a power wire next to your frame put some rubber hosing (or cut up an innertube) around it. The wire is bound to wiggle (due to driving or flex) and the casing will eventually wear through.

Hammerdown... 1%

no links to outside websites, business related FB/YT pages allowed.

lol ok let me try to explain one more time lol

since you have 2 squares... to convert this to a triangle, the port length can stay the same or be longer to maintain the frequency, but the length of 2 sides will need to be stretched out...so if your square sides were 8 by 8 then the triangle would be somewhere 11 or 12 inches on 2 sides and then whatever the lenth of the 3rd side ends up will be automatic

good idea with the diamond ports..

I'm not an out of control driver, I'm completely in control.. only sideways..

-Nissan R32GTR running 213KW RB20DET on 14lbs of boost.

-Holden Commodore VY SS UTE running stock.

-Holden Rodeo mini truck project, soon to be running SR20 on 13lbs of boost.

-Landcruiser UTE running 1UZFE v8 11" Lift on 35" MT Classic II's wrapped in Cooper STTs.

^^ and the list goes on..