Engine Water Temp Gauge That Looks Like Stinger Volt Meter

i was driving my car with my uncle in it (drag racer, owns a 450hp 91 zr1 vette, i can provide fun vids :P) and he saw my stinger volt gauge and thought it was really cool. he asked me to find one that looked like it that read engine temperatures (water temperature i assume) and was around $25 or so. i tried searching and found nothing that looked like it...i can haz help?

idk how i/he would mod a volt gauge to measure water temperatures...

Damn I'm stupid I didn't read the title right LOL!

I apologize for that! Let me try this again..

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

http://www.statracing.com/buy/autometer/auto-meter-cobalt-digital-gauges.asp

Just the dang price is high.

EDIT: Site lists a bunch of gauges!

Edited by Rebel4055

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/

There is also Dekota digital too that offers full out one off customs as well as just stand alone gauges.

However these gauges or even auto meter gauges will not be cheap. Most of it is due to needing special sensors in most cases that come with the gauge along with the harness's.

The stereo shop I work for is also a speedshop that sells hot rod, racing, nos and just about everything else to make your car fast, or give you the proper parts.. These gauges are not cheap, and anything you will find will be very pricey.

But IMO if your uncle is a drag racer and has a vette all done up for the strip he should know these things are not cheap, and either sent you on a wild goose chase, or is just a tight wad.

There is also Dekota digital too that offers full out one off customs as well as just stand alone gauges.

However these gauges or even auto meter gauges will not be cheap. Most of it is due to needing special sensors in most cases that come with the gauge along with the harness's.

The stereo shop I work for is also a speedshop that sells hot rod, racing, nos and just about everything else to make your car fast, or give you the proper parts.. These gauges are not cheap, and anything you will find will be very pricey.

But IMO if your uncle is a drag racer and has a vette all done up for the strip he should know these things are not cheap, and either sent you on a wild goose chase, or is just a tight wad.

mind you that corvette is a summer daily driver, he doesnt have THAT many performance mods off the top of my head. its a fast ass vette dont get me wrong but its a mid 11 second car. he doesnt have ANY interior mods done to his car, nor any exterior mods except an intake that is routed to a hole in the license plate cover (which is quite cool) so i wouldnt assume he would know about gauges at all besides what they do.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

mind you that corvette is a summer daily driver, he doesnt have THAT many performance mods off the top of my head. its a fast ass vette dont get me wrong but its a mid 11 second car. he doesnt have ANY interior mods done to his car, nor any exterior mods except an intake that is routed to a hole in the license plate cover (which is quite cool) so i wouldnt assume he would know about gauges at all besides what they do.

Oh... You made it sound like he is some big shot drag racer.. LOL

That be like buying your stereo from autozone or walmart and thinking your king kong instead of buying a real woofer that wont blow up in a week, and will actualy take its rated power, unlike the BS ratings the speakers you buy from autozone, or walmart have.

Autometer, Dakota Digital, and other race proven companies have higher prices on their products for a reason, reliablity, and very exact measurments for whatever the guage monitors.

It be like buying spinner hubcaps for $30 instead of buying spinner rims that cost $2000+. When you look at it, they both spin, but 1 is by far a better product...

Get what you pay for I guess, not my car to pimp out with cheap no name garbage, so whatever.. Lol

Wheres the post of said fun vids?

Also, the gauges, like have been stated aren't cheap. They can run anywhere from $50-$300 for a single digital guage. If he really wanted to, Summit sells a digital dash, thats like 300 bones, but it does everything. Fuel, Wat Temp, Oil Press, Speedo, Tach. Not sure if it comes with all the sensors, but something to look at. Summit Racing Digital Gauge

1985 Chevy Silverado Black and Silver SBC 350/700r4