Admin Please lock. shorta ram intake

is there a topic some where that could give me some more info. if i can make my car more power by that i'm all for it.

39118_1509236767337_1126873577_31470344_6306040_n.jpg

2 12" memphis mojo mojo12d4

hifonics brutus bxi 2610D

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

ddm tuning 8000k 35w hids

C&D technologies battery (100 ah)

custom box tuned to around 45hz(designed buy fritosaregood)

2010 kia forte koup

ummm. so are you saying short ram, CAI, tune? what?

It's all your preference and what your plans for the car are. I thought my opinion was clear...lol, short ram from either AEM, k&n, or weaponr

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

ok. thanks.

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

What's the exact make and model of your vehicle and what are your plans? Like what is it exactly you're trying to accomplish with your vehicle?

as i mentioned earlier. i have a 2010 kia forte koup EX 2.0L 4 cylindar engine. and my plans are to make it powerful enough so i don't get left in the dust at the drag.

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

Honestly I hate to say it but if you wanted a cheap go fast car you bought the wrong car for one its a Kia there isnt a huge aftermarket for that car if you wanted fast you should of bought a S10 or something that parts are a dime a dozen Id personaly just cancel that intake order and cut the hell out of the stock box and just do a drop in unless you decide you want to pony up for a good intake like an AEM or something of that nature

first off shit face this is a pretty dam good car. and yes i know there aren't many aftermaket parts yet. why do you fucking think i can here and asked questions. and secondly i didn't have a fuckin choice as to what car i got. it was a highschool graduation present. if your gonna be helpful be helpful. don't be a shit face who hasn't even considered going and looking at the dam car. all you shit faces here Kia and automatically assume a shit car. well i'm here to tell you that it is not. so go fuck yourself.

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

first off shit face this is a pretty dam good car. and yes i know there aren't many aftermaket parts yet. why do you fucking think i can here and asked questions. and secondly i didn't have a fuckin choice as to what car i got. it was a highschool graduation present. if your gonna be helpful be helpful. don't be a shit face who hasn't even considered going and looking at the dam car. all you shit faces here Kia and automatically assume a shit car. well i'm here to tell you that it is not. so go fuck yourself.

well...loudcav does have a point, but hes also pretty confused. and his suggestions for a race car makes little to no sense. unless you plan on completely customizing the drivetrain, swap out the engine, and look into forced induction his suggestion was just plain asinine. but at the same time....the forte koup, although a different breed from MANY of Kia's USDM releases, it is still not a performance driven vehicle.

on that note, there are more than a couple places you can look. i know for a fact there is a kia forum, and you will definitely be able to speak with many other forte drivers looking for performance. although this is the automotive section, and there are some gear heads on the site (i consider myself a gearhead) but this is still an audio forum. mostly the people here have come to this site because of custom car audio.

but what i can name off the top of my head, and i guarantee you will be happy are these places.

forteforums.com

koreanautoimports.com

sharkracing.com

kfxperformance.ca

kdmstuff.com

kspec.com

i would suggest going to the forte forums and talking to people there and also kspec.com. AWESOME site. now youre going to get into custom engine tuning and performance and youre going to see the prices are not cheap by any measure. but this is the truth in car customizing. you get exactly what you pay for. the cheap stuff 99% of the time is just that...cheap. save money and go piece by piece.

first things i would do in your situation would be these:

intake/MAF sensors

some type of engine tune/if required fuel injectors

exhaust system. look into some type of test pipe and performance catback

suspension and tires. one of the MOST important, expensive, and overlooked modifications.

if by this time youre ready to start playing with big boys and dont want to go FI, custom headers, bigger fuel injctors, and a much more aggressive tune. upgrade your internals, bore the shit out and build out the block.

thanks for the info. and i know about all those sites. i'm a member of forteforums.com and i check all the others regularily. and the company that is doing the most for the koup currently is turbokits.com. they already has a cat back exhaust syste and a CAI. plus they are nearing completion of there actual turbokit for the koup ( i hope to get).

also the people on forteforums.com know as much as i do. only 2 or 3 people on there have done anything real other than exhaust and CAI. most do short ram intake and CAI. but the few (who seem to know how) have added NOS and i think the racing header to there system as well. (that is what several of the sites you listed call them). i hope to be able to do as much as i can to it with out having to replace the engine. i'm want to beef up my car a good amount but not that much.

oh and do you know of any sites or forums that could point me in the right direction on the engine tuning? that would be massively helpful.

1/0 power wire

4 gauge speaker wire

2010 kia forte koup

Archived