So I got some resin and mat

7jezuz7

yea just doing it will teach you a lot. im sure if you were to do it again it would go much more smoothly.

So.. I'm curious. Did you add a back to that box? Or were you going for an IB set up? One other thing.. How many layers of matt did you end up using? Looks good non the less.

Well first off alt + f4 only closed my window, nah jk jk i lol'd when i saw it cause i know what it does.

At first I did want to go IB for no reason though, just so that i didn't have to seal the back. but i was highly recommended by several people to seal it up so i did and used some of the remaining mat and resin (2 layers) to finish it up i doesn't look pretty though :ehh: but who's gonna see it right?

try to follow me here...

and as far as amounts of mat used i did one on the side just because and I did about 10 on the top parts where the curves and rings are. i did 5, let it dry then did another 5 and let it dry. i did a rough layer of bondo filler, sanded a lot, then a smooth layer of bondo filler, sanded some more, primed the pod, there were a couple of deep holes scars and whatnot and i used the red glazing putty for those, sanded, then added a bit more putty, thought it was good to go and primer-ed it again once last time before the paint, and finally painted it by doing 4 layers one at a time with a minute gap in between each layer of the final paint.

oh and i knocked on the hard part where all the fiberglass is and i do not kid it sounded so much more stiff and strong than the sides that have plywood and a layer of fiberglass

An Audio Technix 18" Strato on a Kicker KX120.2

My Youtube Bass Vids

Updates When Possible...

I've bought from JBurt09, OrionStang, bcpballer64, LoudNLow931, audioman21, and CJ18 from here (as refs)

7j2.png

Archived