Second Skin Audio

4 L5's walled in a 97 honda civic

Alrite so i'm assuming the trunk is gonna be sealed off completely? Cause I don't have any backs seats anymore. I was thinking of having a setup like this guys (

) but not 15's, 12's. I want a port down the middle, and maybe one horizontally? So like a Cross Port, if ya wanna call it that. Anyone have an idea of the box specs I need? Its going to be 4 12" L5's.

Two Kicker L5 12's

Alpine IDA-x305 (I have no use for pandora or the 305 s)

Kenwood Graphic Equalizer

1000 watt Hifonics Brutus D Class Mono

and a Capacitor that ain't worth shit.

Well, if i would be you, i would just get the port on driver´s side!! less complicated and it´s loud to the ear and on the sensor, what kind of power are you running? what kind of music you like? i would get around 10 cubic feet after displacement with 160 SQ of port, tuning depends on your music likes, but that´s just me :drinks:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well, if i would be you, i would just get the port on driver´s side!! less complicated and it´s loud to the ear and on the sensor, what kind of power are you running? what kind of music you like? i would get around 10 cubic feet after displacement with 160 SQ of port, tuning depends on your music likes, but that´s just me :drinks:

x2. Less space if way overpower them

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

If the port is only on one side (driver side) will the bass be felt evenly on the passenger? If not, well fuck it (; haha. Well, for 4 L5's, i'm gonna be running 2 1600 watt Hifonics amps, I would like it to be tuned low I guess, I want songs like White Girl and Hypnotized to knock hard, I want really low lows, but not so low that it'll compromise the high bass.

Two Kicker L5 12's

x2. Less space if way overpower them

well said my friend!!

If the port is only on one side (driver side) will the bass be felt evenly on the passenger? If not, well fuck it (; haha. Well, for 4 L5's, i'm gonna be running 2 1600 watt Hifonics amps, I would like it to be tuned low I guess, I want songs like White Girl and Hypnotized to knock hard, I want really low lows, but not so low that it'll compromise the high bass.

for that amount of power i would get 2.5 per sub even a little bit bigger in case you want to upgrade the subs on the future, a 35 hz tuning would allow you to play very nice from 28 hz to 45 hz imo, those subs have a low FS so that would compensate the "higher" tuning, most people like about 30 hz, depends on you really, myself, i prefer a 38 hz tuning for daily but you won´t move as much air as a 33 - 35 hz tuning.

And yes, it´s gonna be loud on passenger side also hehe, if not, then a center port would work very nice too, depends on you bro...

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

well said my friend!!

for that amount of power i would get 2.5 per sub even a little bit bigger in case you want to upgrade the subs on the future, a 35 hz tuning would allow you to play very nice from 28 hz to 45 hz imo, those subs have a low FS so that would compensate the "higher" tuning, most people like about 30 hz, depends on you really, myself, i prefer a 38 hz tuning for daily but you won´t move as much air as a 33 - 35 hz tuning.

And yes, it´s gonna be loud on passenger side also hehe, if not, then a center port would work very nice too, depends on you bro...

Yeaa cause I will most likely upgrade to the l7's, one day. So tuned to 33hz sounds like a good idea? yea? Hm, how wide do you think the port would have to be down the middle?

Two Kicker L5 12's

33 hz should pound very nice and get some nice "small" hairtricks even with that power hehe, well depends on the box and space, but for walls you should use a bigger port, so maybe 200 SQ of port, you can get a vertical port just like the video you posted or a port like you commented at the beggining, depends on what you want to do man, each way should work nice, but i would wait until a wall expert gives some opinion, i´m kind of a noob about walls really :peepwall:

Archived