Stinger Volt Meter questions

alright i was planning on wiring up a volt meter to my system and i had some problems with the pictures

1. does the positive go onto the battery or the positive on the amp

2. i didnt see a remote switch so i didnt know if it just didnt show it

3. can i just ground it to the headunits ground wire or is that a bad idea

what i did was.....soldered on 2 pieces of speaker wire, and soldered on a spare remote wire, ran all 3 wires to the amp, most people like to know the voltage at the amp

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

Why would you EVER WANT flex?
huh?...flex is what can make the lows lower and more air being pushed correct?
jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

me_zps0fb5a5b4.jpgMy FeedbackJeep-BuildlogPT LOSER buildlog

The positive wire can go into either, if you want to see how much power your amp is seeing, connect it to the positive terminal on the amplifier.

I personally just connected the positive and negative to the +/- terminals on my front battery and the remote wire to the remote wire on my head unit.

Also, after you have it hooked up, you will more than likely have to "tune" it. Which is simple, just pop off the front plastic piece, and you'll see a little knob, just turn that knob froward or backwards until the numbers match up what your DMM is reading off of the battery or amplifier (depending on where you are hooking it up to).

pPFs4E8.jpg

06 Mini Cooper S

Sundown, SoundQubed

Cadence, XS Power

151s Sealed

155s Outlaw

Windshield @ 37hz

The positive wire can go into either, if you want to see how much power your amp is seeing, connect it to the positive terminal on the amplifier.

I personally just connected the positive and negative to the +/- terminals on my front battery and the remote wire to the remote wire on my head unit.

Also, after you have it hooked up, you will more than likely have to "tune" it. Which is simple, just pop off the front plastic piece, and you'll see a little knob, just turn that knob froward or backwards until the numbers match up what your DMM is reading off of the battery or amplifier (depending on where you are hooking it up to).

or you can do this lol, i ran the remote wire cuz i just have 3 remotes twisted no even capped behind the h/u so putting another just woulda been annoying, and yeah you WILL have to tune it, just shove a DMM on the amp terminals and take a screwdriver and tune the meter

Legal TL scores145.6 on the dash sealed up in the low 40hz area with the port out145.5 on the dash sealed up @30hz with the port inless then 1k clamped on a 3.5k!

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

alright thanks alot guys def needed someone elses opinion before i started my build

yep yep np, also i just used 16g wire, and a spare remote wire, could use something smaller, going any bigger is kinda pointless lol

jeff_zps9bc81ace.jpg

i just wired it to my ignition harness. i checked and it shows the same voltage as my amp

2002 ford focus hatch

pioneer DEH-P8400bh

infinity kappa 6.5 components front and rear

XS Power D1200

Shuriken BT-100

audioque 120.4

2 15 inch audioque HDC3 D2

2 audioque 2200d

big 3

mechman 220a alt with external regulator

479-418-3056

Archived