Sonic Electronix

turn ur gain on ur amp down

that the prob.

CDyneSi_zps9638e5fa.jpg

VbjgkeI_zpsdd2219ec.jpg

deepsilencer, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:32, said:

splzx3, on 22 Aug 2011 - 17:27, said:

i had my fun on one of his videos...till he blocked me then i got my mother into it lol after her he closed the comments xD

lol your mom is a G! good.gif

WTF, I never thought I'd have a conversation about cross dressers and trans-genders on a car audio forum.

I don't think OP used DMM. I bet he thought having gain half way up is like having 1100 watts from his post about having the gain 75% up giving 1600 watts.

OP, the amp is clipping because you didn't tune it right. Turn the gain down until the clipping indicator doesn't come on. You "should" be safe.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

get a bigger amp then. Clipping signals will just heat up your coils faster and actually make you quieter. And people definitely need to read what a gain knob is. Its not like a volume knob.

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

lol r mac at least i know something don't insult me like that

Stop just throwing nonsense out there.

"Set your LPF to 50 hz that will help." No...not at all. That's pretty low for a LPF and has nothing to do with his clipping.

"Just put your gain at 1/2 and 1/4 bass boost." Umm...why would he do that. May as well just max both and see how it goes.

I guess by what he's written he thinks that putting his gain at 3/4 will make his amp put out 3/4 of 2200 watts. Not true at all. Your gain is there to match your HU's output voltage. If your HU outputs a high voltage through the RCAs your gain will be lower. If your HU has a weak RCA voltage your gain will have to be higher to get the same output.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

So let me get this straight... even with the gain on my amp turned only half way up it can still be giving out 2k watts? that can't be right.. i will check with DMM later though..

and i know turning it down will make it go away... but i want it LOUDER not quieter haha

It is right. THe gain knob is not a volume knob. If you have a HU that puts out high voltage through the RCA (or are using a line driver) you could have the gain pretty much all the way down and be getting full power from the amp. The gain knob is there for the amp to compensate for different HUs putting out different RCA voltages.

If you just crank the gain trying to make it louder, your sub won't last long.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

lol rmac, i think you skipped one of my post, so i guess that makes you blind....i'm only giving him advice and telling him to see what it does i never said that WILL solve the problem, if it still clips, even if the gain was at 1/4 it just means there's something wrong either between the subs or the amp, take a god damn chill pill bro, its a forum we're helping him. This ain't no fuckin audio debate, sheesh, get your ducks out of your pants and quit yankin on my chain..

Archived