Sonic Electronix

Stop just throwing nonsense out there.

"Set your LPF to 50 hz that will help." No...not at all. That's pretty low for a LPF and has nothing to do with his clipping.

"Just put your gain at 1/2 and 1/4 bass boost." Umm...why would he do that. May as well just max both and see how it goes.

I guess by what he's written he thinks that putting his gain at 3/4 will make his amp put out 3/4 of 2200 watts. Not true at all. Your gain is there to match your HU's output voltage. If your HU outputs a high voltage through the RCAs your gain will be lower. If your HU has a weak RCA voltage your gain will have to be higher to get the same output.

Now I see what your saying... i believe my HU has 6v pre-outs so my amp at half gain is already probably 1500+ watts? i didn't know that.. lol

It is right. THe gain knob is not a volume knob. If you have a HU that puts out high voltage through the RCA (or are using a line driver) you could have the gain pretty much all the way down and be getting full power from the amp. The gain knob is there for the amp to compensate for different HUs putting out different RCA voltages.

If you just crank the gain trying to make it louder, your sub won't last long.

i believe this has been said twice now before you decided to make it 3x lmao

Now I see what your saying... i believe my HU has 6v pre-outs so my amp at half gain is already probably 1500+ watts? i didn't know that.. lol

YOu can't really guess at it like that. If your amp has 6v pre outs (which is pretty high) you could have your gain at like 1/8th and be getting full output. The only way to REALLY know is using an o-scope. Not always practical for everyone, though.

Just make sure your EQ is flat or very close. LPF around 70-80 should be fine. No bass boost, or "loud" on the HU. If your HU has a "sub level" that can be all the way up (will make sure your HU puts out higher pre-out voltage).

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

i believe this has been said twice now before you decided to make it 3x lmao

Well, he's already said what HU and amp he has, but you asked anyway.

I said it because he may have missed it because he was still assuming the gain was a wattage knob. Why don't you stop worrying about what I repeated and start reading more so you spout less nonsense advice.

2002 Pontiac Bonneville SSEi

Pioneer DEH-P6000UB

Alpine SPX-17REF 6.5" components (active)

Sundown SAX-50.4

Sundown z15 (3 cubes @ 35 hz)

Sundown SAX-1200D

2006 Buick Rainier CXL AWD V8

Stock Bose system

12" Alpine Type E in aeroported box

Profile AP1000M

YOu can't really guess at it like that. If your amp has 6v pre outs (which is pretty high) you could have your gain at like 1/8th and be getting full output. The only way to REALLY know is using an o-scope. Not always practical for everyone, though.

Just make sure your EQ is flat or very close. LPF around 70-80 should be fine. No bass boost, or "loud" on the HU. If your HU has a "sub level" that can be all the way up (will make sure your HU puts out higher pre-out voltage).

Awesome. yea i was wondering when earlier today i turned the sub level on the HU up to +6 (was at 0 before) and then the signal started to clip until i turned it down to like 1/4 gain and it sounded just as loud as it did at 1/2 gain.. haha. i love this sub.. just want it a little louder haha.

Archived