This has been in the works for some time now. This will be my setup for a while now. Time and money, mostly money has been an issue so I cant afford to keep changing things up anymore. The only thing that will change will be the box. I may try to build different ones and see what works best.

Currently I am keeping my OEM Navigation Unit and CD Changer. I am also powering my OEM "premium" speakers with a US Amps AX-TU4360. For being OEM speakers they get decently loud and have really good mid-bass, plus they take the power from the 4360 like champs. There was a big improvement in sound just by powering them with the 4360 vs. the OEM amp. In addition to that I also am running the signal through a Rockford Fosgate 360.2 which I am sure is helping with the sound quality improvement I hear. The sound is louder, cleaner and I have more control over it with the 360.2.

The sub I will be using:

DC Audio lvl4XL 15''

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3480.jpg

The sub amp:

Stetsom 1K5H 2ohm

IMG_3955.jpg

IMG_3956.jpg

IMG_3954.jpg

More pics to come. I am using a box I got for free as a temp box until I get around to building a new one.

man i like that lil stetsom and dc ftw. if im not wrong isnt that the stetsom that u can bridge as many amps as u want. keep up the pics ill be watching :popcorn:

I can't stop building!!!

4 DC LeveL 4XL 18 Blow Through Re-Build
The newest addition My '97 Ford Explorer Build
My First Build 8 RF P1 12's
My Myspace Add Me
My Facebook Add Me

oh, your a hypocrite too bro.....your mom has my name on her left tit - and you still like her dont you?

If youre masturbating to that sub already, wait until you get a real sub... I think your nutsack will shrivel up.

Well i got it all in today. The Stetsom amp is kind of amazing how it puts out the power it does in such a small footprint. There is one drawback to these amps though, the fan. It is noisy in a hatch or SUV when the volume is down.

Im going to built a better box though. I got this one for free and it works for now but the ring I had to make looks like crap.

IMG_3959.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

IMG_3962.jpg

IMG_3963.jpg

th_MVI_3964.jpg

• 6 months later...

So, its time to build a new box for this sub. The baffle has slowly come loose on the current box and it sounds like crap on the low low notes. Building a new box, all 1 inch MDF with a little bracing and two 4 inch precision ports. Ill try and make a vid of the old box so you know why I am replacing it. Here is a pic of what got done today.

Photo0659.jpg

Got all the cuts done. Cut the ports down to size. Drew out the port holes. Tomorrow gotta assemble, draw the sub hole and router out the holes then round over the edges. Probably just go down to home depot and pick up some rattle cans and spray it flat black again. More updates tomorrow.