Sonic Electronix

Ok I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with about 93,000 miles on it, just today it started making a very loud winding sound (like a loud drill) while driving in overdrive and then it would quite. Like it was engaging and then disengaging or something. When I got home, it had no reverse. I could drive forward but it would get up to 3000 rpms before shifting to 2nd. Anyone have an idea on whats going on here? Ive read that a few people have had this same problem but I didnt find anyone who had an answer. I know most of your are car audio guys but Im very sure there is a few motor heads in this forumn :) :)

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Ok I have a 2000 Chevy Blazer with about 93,000 miles on it, just today it started making a very loud winding sound (like a loud drill) while driving in overdrive and then it would quite. Like it was engaging and then disengaging or something. When I got home, it had no reverse. I could drive forward but it would get up to 3000 rpms before shifting to 2nd. Anyone have an idea on whats going on here? Ive read that a few people have had this same problem but I didnt find anyone who had an answer. I know most of your are car audio guys but Im very sure there is a few motor heads in this forumn :) :)

The easiest thing you can try to do is check your trans. fluid (usually the red top dip stick under the hood) with the vehicle running.

Edit: I should have "add reply" instead of "reply" sorry.

Edited by GaMeLeSS80808

Ah crap I thought I posted this in off topic part, whoopsies (FAIL)

But I did check the fluid, it was fine, it was a littleeeee low but pretty much fine. Not enough to make my reverse stop working I am sure! Besides it still went into drive so wouldnt that mean tranny fluid is still good??

7w1lnOR.jpg

2004 Bagged Trailblazer

(4)18" Sundown Nsv3s
(4) Taramps HD10000s, Taramps DSP3000, Lanzar opti 250x2, AB 100x4
(2)DC power SP 270s, (14)XS Power d3100s, (1)d6500

Id just top that off to start an elimination process, possible trans service? Maybe the trans. filter and trans oil need change? Dont know if checking the diff. will help but might as well check that too.

Well I had a 93 S-10 pickup and an older S-10 Blazer both gave me trans problems but both of them were manual. The noise you described sound as mines did when my throw out bearing needed replacing so I changed the clutch and all. If it sounds as if you have gear drive then it may be worse, sorry to say but in that case your trans will need repair/replacing. My shift stick would pop out of gear then eventually that gear would become unavailable. Again this is with my experience of trans issues with it being a 5 speed manual. Hope this isnt the case, goodluck.

Get a trans flush and see if it still does it.

2015 Honda Civic LX 4dr | 24k miles

Stock H/U and mids/highs

Power Acoustik GW3-12" D2 Sub

HiFonics BXX1200.1D @ 1ohm

Random 2.5^3' dual ported box

NVX LOC

Stinger wiring throughout 

1977 Chevy SWB

Cammed 350

Dual exhaust

Cheap Wish stereo

2002 explorer here, last summer I was driving, heard a winding noise and my overdrive light kept flashing. It wouldnt shift right it was very weird. I shut the car off and turned it back on everything was fine for a while. give or take a month later I pulled up to a stop sign and went to go and at about 3000rpms I heard a very weird banging noise and didnt think anything of it nothing was different. Got to where I was going turned the car off and left about an hour later, When It would shift into second there was no gear, it would just rev until it had enough to shift and slammed into third. Had it towed in, turns out I blew straight through second gear and banged up third pretty bad. I would take it in as soon as possible just so it doesnt get any worse.

2002 Ford Explorer XLT

Front Stage: Crescendo CCX 6.5's

Rear Stage: ???

Two 15" Powerbass M154

Audiopipe AP15001d

Pioneer DEH-P5100UB