Sonic Electronix

All My Amps Went Into Protect Mode at The Same Time???

OK... Here is the setup, I have 3 AudioQue AQ2200D's, each one is pushing 2 Memphis CM Cast Mojo 15's. Yesterday I was driving, listening to it at low volume and when I changed songs, the bass dropped out. When I got home and looked at the amp rack in back, I noticed all 3 amps where in protect mode. I checked with a MM and all amps are seing a 1.1 to 1.2 ohm load and I did the push test to see if any subs were blown, all feel fine. I doubt it was that because the odds of a sub blowing on each amp is low.

I checked the voltage and the voltage is reading about 14.8 when truck is running, plus all the amps have batteries only 10 inches away from them. I also unplugged the RCA's in case of something with the rca's and still in protect mode? I did not disconnect the sub wires yet, but I doubt that could be the problem on all 3 amps.

Any ideas would be helpful???

I also want to add that they were not hot at all because I was not hammering on it and they were not playing longer than 10 minutes...

Edited by techforce

try disconnecting everything from the amps and then only connect the power wires. some amps need to do a reset and this should do it. if the amps turn on with no protect mode, plug in the rca's and check. if still no protect, connect the subs and check. if the amps go into protect with only the power connected, you mat be looking at sending the amps in.

So, I don't have anything cool here yet. It's no big deal

unplug the rca's then turn your truck on then plug them back in and see what that does... were they hot?

I tried that already and still in protect mode... They were cool to the touch...

try disconnecting everything from the amps and then only connect the power wires. some amps need to do a reset and this should do it. if the amps turn on with no protect mode, plug in the rca's and check. if still no protect, connect the subs and check. if the amps go into protect with only the power connected, you mat be looking at sending the amps in.

I was wondering that myself... I am gonna try that later...

Another thing I didn't state is that I have a stinger 50 farad cap to help with a small voltage drop issue I had... Could the cap of went bad and be causing a problem? The cap seems to be functioning... I probably dont even need the cap anymore since dom repaired my alts...

yea reset them and caps dont help to much really should get a battery instead

Yeah... I have 2 batteries in the back next to the amps, but I was getting a voltage drop and Dom said to put the cap tp help with that, but he rebuilt my alternators and I dont think I need it anymore...

Make sure nothing is grounding out on your power wires? Also check your grounds. May be loose

2006 F-150

4 DC XL M2 18's Walled Daily Driver

XS Power

4 DC 3.5kw

Team DC

Team S.P.L.

Lot of Audio Technix and 1/0

DC Audio Dealer

American Bass Dealer

XS Power Dealer

Audio Technix Dealer

DWRIGHT-1-1.jpg

OK... I figured out that it was one of the AQ2200d's... When I unplugged the RCA's the other 2 came out of protection and are playing... I am sending the bad one to AQ as we speak. I still don't know what happened to it. My guess is that it is the amp right next to the Mids & Highs Amp and it may have got cooked and finally died. It has only went into protection from heat twice and I had fans on them??? Dunno... Another reason to swap out that heat creating POS US Amps XT1600.4!

I appreciate all the help guys! At least now I am sort of playing... :pardon:

PS Here's another blow to the head... On my way to work this morning the Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Navi/Head Unit in my work truck took a shit... 3rd time it has done the same thing and Pioneer won't replace it... Just fix it... I pulled it out and the Head Unit is hot as hell like something in it shorted out... Only using RCA's out of it and not amplifier part... The past 2 days had sucked for me electronics wise! LOL!

OK... I figured out that it was one of the AQ2200d's... When I unplugged the RCA's the other 2 came out of protection and are playing... I am sending the bad one to AQ as we speak. I still don't know what happened to it. My guess is that it is the amp right next to the Mids & Highs Amp and it may have got cooked and finally died. It has only went into protection from heat twice and I had fans on them??? Dunno... Another reason to swap out that heat creating POS US Amps XT1600.4!

I appreciate all the help guys! At least now I am sort of playing... :pardon:

PS Here's another blow to the head... On my way to work this morning the Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Navi/Head Unit in my work truck took a shit... 3rd time it has done the same thing and Pioneer won't replace it... Just fix it... I pulled it out and the Head Unit is hot as hell like something in it shorted out... Only using RCA's out of it and not amplifier part... The past 2 days had sucked for me electronics wise! LOL!

This week is going well for me :D I fixed my riding mower and weed eater :drinks:

Rest In Peace mother.

January 22, 1955 - February 14, 2013

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/user/35351-megrch/