Sonic Electronix

metered the DD 9512 today...

Better than RF :peepwall:

And yes, way to weak, but, that sub has a very stiff suspension, 1500 watts it´s too poor for it, it will came alive with that power, my best friend is giving a M4 per 9515 and they sound just great, handle the power without any issues, so yes, i would meter it again after your new box to see the improvement, and then, meter again with new amp

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Better than RF :peepwall:

And yes, way to weak, but, that sub has a very stiff suspension, 1500 watts it´s too poor for it, it will came alive with that power, my best friend is giving a M4 per 9515 and they sound just great, handle the power without any issues, so yes, i would meter it again after your new box to see the improvement, and then, meter again with new amp

yeah... amp is coming first... PWK is taking quite a bit of time with my box design. Kinda sucks because if I don't have it by the end of the week I'm gonna have to come up with money to have somebody else build it. Sets me way back.

Yeah I'll have my amp tomorrow... It should make a huge difference

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Whats coming: Kenwood Excelon screen, DD high end comps, DD 4ch, XS batteries

Well, just for your information, i built a box for a 2512 and a 1500.1 powerbass amplifier, DD recommended specs 2.5 cubic feet and 16SQ per cubic feet, it hit 141.5 @ 45 hz on a trunk car, that gives you an idea of how underpowered your sub is right now, wht waiting for Pete? 90$ or something like that and having to wait months for a design? i don´t think so! there´s tons of good box builders and designers here :peepwall:

I´m the SPL Gains topic creator!! wanna get louder?? check this: SPL Gains. Panamenian 2009 & 2010 & 2014 Bass Race 149.9 Champion!

2 15" subs and a 2K wired at 1 ohm, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/167788-fecupe2001-2-15s-on-a-2k-video-on-page-3/

8 Massive 15" subs and small power, http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/179296-fecupe2001s-8-15s-4th-order-bandpass-wall/

Well, just for your information, i built a box for a 2512 and a 1500.1 powerbass amplifier, DD recommended specs 2.5 cubic feet and 16SQ per cubic feet, it hit 141.5 @ 45 hz on a trunk car, that gives you an idea of how underpowered your sub is right now, wht waiting for Pete? 90$ or something like that and having to wait months for a design? i don´t think so! there´s tons of good box builders and designers here :peepwall:

Yeah i know... don't rub it in lol. I have that dd recommended box, but they gave me completely different specs for the 9500 when I emailed. It'd be the same thing for the 2500 series and up.

But yeah 50 bucks for the design... I did it just to see. I want a wide bandwidth with decent efficiency. I figured I'd try out pwk.. I've designed and built numerous boxes myself, I just wanted to see if he really lived up to the hype more than anything else.

What makes me mad is people with a 1508 hitting higher than me on like... 900 watts. Makes me wanna smack my dealer for showing me the 9500 instead lol

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

You paid someone 50 dollars to come up with a design for you??? :trippy:

An acoustical engineer? lol. Only because the box will be modeled for my car specifically... and I'm more into sound quality than anything else. I will have over 3000 on tap for bass... but keep the bass alllll the way down unless its demo time :)

So yeah, in a sense it could be worth it. If it doesn't sound up to par... design me something, and if it sounds better than his design I'll send you 50 bucks too lol.

I really don't care about the money... I just want results

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Contact Adamsfocus, and he'll design you a box for your focus...

haha anybody can design a box... I do think that pwk's explanations are more for impressing and bringing in business than educating and showing his thought process. I used to be huge into home audio, and the enclosure that the speaker is in is just as important, if not more important than the drivers chosen. I've literally heard two of the same model of speakers right next to each other in different boxes and been blown away by the acoustic differences just from the enclosure. Its already payed for... So I'll let him do his thing. If he is gives me designs for a box that ends up sounding absolutely horrible, then lesson learned.

On that note... Dispersed rear waves and other SQ desires are nowhere near as important with subs as they are with mids and tweets, but they do exist and do make a difference. If PWK says he can turn my spl monster sub into a sub that responds flat, detailed, and accurate, then I'll definitely pay to see.

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

haha anybody can design a box... I do think that pwk's explanations are more for impressing and bringing in business than educating and showing his thought process. I used to be huge into home audio, and the enclosure that the speaker is in is just as important, if not more important than the drivers chosen. I've literally heard two of the same model of speakers right next to each other in different boxes and been blown away by the acoustic differences just from the enclosure. Its already payed for... So I'll let him do his thing. If he is gives me designs for a box that ends up sounding absolutely horrible, then lesson learned.

On that note... Dispersed rear waves and other SQ desires are nowhere near as important with subs as they are with mids and tweets, but they do exist and do make a difference. If PWK says he can turn my spl monster sub into a sub that responds flat, detailed, and accurate, then I'll definitely pay to see.

I paid him too.

98 Chevy Blazer 4 Door

Stock Everything

The New Setup

1 - Pioneer AVH-P5200DVD

1- Pioneer DEH-80PRS

2 - Blues Audio 5.25 Mids ( On the dash )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0C Components ( In the front doors )

2 - Blues Audio BL8.0 Woofers ( In the rear doors )

1 - Linear Power 952 ( Dash )

1 - Linear Power 2202IQ Modified ( Components )

1 - Linear Power 3002 ( Rear Doors )

1 - SoundStream XBP-10 Processor

1 - SoundStream BX-20Z

2 - SoundStream DTR1.3400D

4 - RE Audio SX12D4

241543L22m9xYv.gif

:drinks:

Good luck

Thanks. I have high expectations... the DD is loud but it sounds like crap right now

I paid him too.

Yeah? how'd it turn out?

Kenwood DDX 514

DD M3a

DD 9512G

RF 600.4

RF power series 6x8s

lots of zero ga.

Thanks. I have high expectations... the DD is loud but it sounds like crap right now

Yeah? how'd it turn out?

Expensive :drinks::peepwall:

i had my DD9512fs on 3k each it took a week till they loosend up the sub didnt sound that great...but got hella loud

the subs im running now are just as loud on 3k as the DDs were on 6k ( 146 on 3k and 6k)

1998 gmc extd cab

12 crossfire C710s

4 SAZ-4500s

3 Singer 400A alts
buncha mids/highs

Team Asshole

Archived