Second Skin Audio

(3) Lvl 5 18"s. SketchUp Attempt

Some 16-17-18-19 year olds have this kinda money, some don't, but that's still no reason to down his "dream" instead of giving him advice.

Call me a pessimist, call me an asshole, whatever, but in the past I've been burned by investing decent amounts of time and effort helping some other young bass-head out (I was one too, once, probably still am in many ways) with box designs, advice, calculations, tuning, the whole nine yards because I'm charitable enough to believe that this 17 year old is getting a stack of cash for graduation and is gonna build this insane system.

Then 2 months later they put a video on Youtube of the fuck-ugly box and $8 Flea-market sub they got at the pawnbrokers.

There are some diamonds in the rough. A member on here surprised the shit out of me by turning up at the shop with an 18" sub and a 3kw amp and a car to stick a half-wall in. And now he's doing 10 times his age in dB, how many people can claim that?

I WANT to believe these guys are gonna do what they claim, probably because when I was 19 I was also dumping thousands of dollars into systems. Hell I'm only 21 now and I have 25kw+ of amps sitting at home, I know it can be done. But it's just very, very, very few and far between. I'm like this guy says he is, I focus on things.

When this guy can post pics of him with 3 DC L5 18's and his name on a piece of paper, I'll be all over that. I'll design and sketchup him a totally insane box, answer any question I can, I'll be totally stoked to see another crazy young fella going huge. But it all comes down to the mighty dollar, and until I see evidence of his, I'm gonna remain skeptical.

If wishes were fishes, there would be no room in the sea.

goodgrammarbc7.gif

10.x volts fo' life!

Call me a pessimist, call me an asshole, whatever, but in the past I've been burned by investing decent amounts of time and effort helping some other young bass-head out (I was one too, once, probably still am in many ways) with box designs, advice, calculations, tuning, the whole nine yards because I'm charitable enough to believe that this 17 year old is getting a stack of cash for graduation and is gonna build this insane system.

Then 2 months later they put a video on Youtube of the fuck-ugly box and $8 Flea-market sub they got at the pawnbrokers.

There are some diamonds in the rough. A member on here surprised the shit out of me by turning up at the shop with an 18" sub and a 3kw amp and a car to stick a half-wall in. And now he's doing 10 times his age in dB, how many people can claim that?

I WANT to believe these guys are gonna do what they claim, probably because when I was 19 I was also dumping thousands of dollars into systems. Hell I'm only 21 now and I have 25kw+ of amps sitting at home, I know it can be done. But it's just very, very, very few and far between. I'm like this guy says he is, I focus on things.

When this guy can post pics of him with 3 DC L5 18's and his name on a piece of paper, I'll be all over that. I'll design and sketchup him a totally insane box, answer any question I can, I'll be totally stoked to see another crazy young fella going huge. But it all comes down to the mighty dollar, and until I see evidence of his, I'm gonna remain skeptical.

If wishes were fishes, there would be no room in the sea.

I can respect that man. I'd hate to put time/effort into someone, to turn out that its not gonna even happen. And we seem very much alike. Anything that I have much interest in, I focus the hell out of it. Can't get it out of my head lol. Hell, I just got into the BMW Step program (BMW specific - paid schooling), which alone shows im not your average kid lol.

But besides all that, I'm trying to sell my frame and bed for my s10 within the next two weeks. Then ill be ordering the subs. Otherwise i'll wait a month or so. Ill post pics for sure! It'll be like christmas, except i never got anything this great for christmas. lol

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(