Second Skin Audio

(3) Lvl 5 18"s. SketchUp Attempt

Hey guys, Im planning on ordering 3 DC LVl 5 18's in the next couple weeks and have been messin with Sketchup. How does this look? Are there problems with any locations of ports, as far as function go? Just want some general input as this is also my first time with Aeroports.

** This isn't the actual box im going to build, just the type of layout i was thinking. **

Ports -- (4) 6"

Port Length - 11"

Port Area - 75.36 in^2

Tune Frequency -- 33hz (i think thats what Torres Calc said, i forget haha)

Box Dimensions -- 48" wide x 49" tall x 14" deep.

Net Volume -- 14.40 ft^3 after displacement of sub, but no bracing (forgot to add it)

** And I know that this box is a little small for 3 lvl 5's. like i said this is more for a grasp on Sketchup, and general layout of Aero's.**

wallattempt.jpg

Brandon - Bassless since March 2010. :(

Looks fine to me. I don't really know much about this (I just really got into car audio and stuff like a month ago) but I noticed that your aeroports are 11 inches long and the depth of your box is 14 inches. I read somewhere that it is best to have at least 6 inches between the end of the ports and the walls of the enclosure. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there. Lol. Since nobody had answered yet.

sorry this is kind of off topic but what is that program you use to draw up a box like that??

Current system:Front stage: Alpine type s 6.5No rear:Alpine type s 6.5headunit: alpineAmp: Jbl bp600.1

Sub: Alpine type x 12

dont know much about them. Found a "FLUX" Capacitor on ebay. If I add this to my system, can I really travel into the future? And how far into the future? That probably all depends on how I ground it though, right?

Dude dont even waste your money on capacitors get a second car battery preferably a kinetik or stinger or any other car audio battery use the battery that is correct for your systems true rms wattage do some research on the net for this. Go to kinetiks website they explain how to pick a battery from thier site that fits your system. :shrug:

sorry this is kind of off topic but what is that program you use to draw up a box like that??

I used GoogleSketch up. its really easy. i just watched a quick tutorial on youtube and i made a box in 30 minutes.

Looks fine to me. I don't really know much about this (I just really got into car audio and stuff like a month ago) but I noticed that your aeroports are 11 inches long and the depth of your box is 14 inches. I read somewhere that it is best to have at least 6 inches between the end of the ports and the walls of the enclosure. I'm not sure how much of a difference that makes but I just wanted to throw my 2 cents in there. Lol. Since nobody had answered yet.

Thanks man. Like i said i havent messed with Aero's before so im not down with all the tuning principles with them yet. we'll see what others have to say.

how much power?

I'll have atleast 9000w daily. I was going to run 3 AQ3500's. One per sub. If i would end up going to Comps, i'd have it tuned a little higher, and probably around 4000 per sub. That sound alright?

I drew up a new box that would fit my truck (99 s10 ext. cab). It wasn't an "exact" measurement but pretty close. I screwed up when making this so its not perfect, they're shouldn't be a line on the top of the box.

4 - 6" ports. -- 7" in Length (im pretty sure this is not enough port area? 6.54 in^2)

3 - 18" DC Lvl 5's

17.3 ft^3 after bracing, port, sub displacement

Tuned to 33hz.

hows that one look?

18sinpaint.jpg

Torres Calculator (dimensions are entered weird... the two Heights are actually the Two widths. And the width is the Height.)

18sinpaint__data.jpg

Edited by basketball_00011

I would think those subs would want more port area. Might want to hit up team dc derrick, hes used to run 3 lvl 5 18s. now hes running 2.

Jeep Cherokee 4dr -4.75 in front, new rusty's 4.5 in rear leafs -micky thompson 35x14.50x15 -locker rear -Rusty's offroad Engine/transmission/transfer case/crossmember/gas tank skid plates -Warn front bumper with 8000lb winch -Custom rear bumper -Warrior product tube doors (summertime) -Optima redtop (starter) -26XK miles and still runs like a bat out of hell

Kenwood H/U

1/0 wire,

136 amp alt 200 ah batteries 12.7 daily

2 Apsm 1500 @ 2 ohm strapped on zv3 d1 with ns softparts

Mb quart 125.4 wired to 4 aura 6's

3.6 cube box tuned to 36 plays down to 23hz

I would think those subs would want more port area. Might want to hit up team dc derrick, hes used to run 3 lvl 5 18s. now hes running 2.

X2

Doesn't 4 6" Aero ports seem kinda small I mean that might be good for 2 subs, I think I would do close to 200sq in for 3 18"s...I have 108sq in for my 3 15" type Rs...and those 4 aero ports are only like 112sq in

take baby steps, u cant do it all at once unless u have a roll of 100's big enough to choke a donkey

1998 Chevy Venture "Swagger Wagon"

Kenwood Excelon KDC-X994 Headunit

3 15" Alpine Type R's in seperate T-Lines

1 RF T1500-1bd for 2 of the 15s

1 RF P1000-1bd for the single 15

3 sets of Hifonics Zeus ZXi6.5C Components( 1 more set to come for Front stage)

1 Hifonics HFi100.4 4-channel amp

Stock alt for now (DC HO SPL 400A when funds come in,currently working on buying this)

Stock battery and one Optima Redtop for now (looking at XS batteries)

3 15" Alpine Type R's (aka Swagger Wagon Build 1.0)

Swagger Wagon Build 2.0

Youtube Videos