Sundown Audio

planet audio amps

well lets do a lesson here take the fuse rating say my pioneer amp

30+30= 60 , 60x 14.4 = 834 x .5 (because im an a/b class) = 432watts maxx rms at 4 ohms

so u take the amp u want multiply the total fuse rating by 14.4 and the multiply by either .7 or .5, .7 is for d class and .5 is for a/b

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

well lets do a lesson here take the fuse rating say my pioneer amp

30+30= 60 , 60x 14.4 = 834 x .5 (because im an a/b class) = 432watts maxx rms at 4 ohms

so u take the amp u want multiply the total fuse rating by 14.4 and the multiply by either .7 or .5, .7 is for d class and .5 is for a/b

Class AB amps can be over 70% efficient, where as class D amps can be over 90% efficient, you can't just group them all like that. Basically, I just take the total amount of fusing and multiply it by 10 to get a general idea of the wattage output. First thing I look at is what the amp says for RMS for it's lowest ohm load then I compare that to fuse rating.

Anyway, what he's getting at is to check the fusing for each amp and compare that to what it says it's total rms output is at it's lowest ohm load to see if they are bullshitting you first. Like I had a lanzar amp that said it would do 3200 RMS but it had 80 amps of fuses, so they were lying out of their ass. But, if the RMS claim matches up with the fuse rating, then just bookmark it as a consideration and compare them all yourself along with asking other people.

I have no say about planet audio, as I haven't had any experience with them, but I was just trying to clear up what onelivinlarge was suggesting to do. I've been hunting down a good 4 channel all day and have been doing this method all day long to clear out the bullshit ones. Another good thing to do is to look at an amp on different sites, like if I find one on woofersetc.com, or audiosavings.com, I go to sonicelectronix.com or crutchfield.com to see if they have it and if there are any reviews about it. Hope this helps.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

I was looking at a big bang series today, the bb175.4b, and they look like a solid amps. Not sure on the rxd series though, as it doesn't have fuses on it, but it's odd that it has 4 gauge power inputs, it should have 0 gauge ones, but that is why they make reducers, right? Anyway, good luck on your search.

EDIT: usually when an amp doesn't have fuses on it, it's because it is beastly, but that doesn't really mean anything...

Edited by lAutruche

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want