Second Skin Audio

Havoc in IB Setup?

General rule is 10xVAS.

Funny thing is, infinate baffle is (was) actually the term for a 'sealed' enclosure, as the mounting baffle extended infinately around the loudspeaker.

Cheers,

Mick

Work;
DiGiCo D1 Live / MIDAS Heratige 1000 / MIDAS Venice
Meyer Sound CQ-1's, CQ-2's, PSW-2's
RAMSA Monitor Amplifiers
P.Audio Monitors
BSS OMNIDRIVE and Soundweb
DBX 231 and Klark Teknik DN360 EQ's
RCF TT22A
RCF ART320

General rule is 10xVAS.

Funny thing is, infinate baffle is (was) actually the term for a 'sealed' enclosure, as the mounting baffle extended infinately around the loudspeaker.

Cheers,

Mick

and here I thought I was the only person left that knew that lol

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

General rule is 10xVAS.

Cheers,

Mick

Of course you can't have a infinite wall with infinite air on each side, but how is a sealed considered a infinite baffle?they never have 10x the vas, well, depends on the sub, but not often.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.

Of course you can't have a infinite wall with infinite air on each side, but how is a sealed considered a infinite baffle?they never have 10x the vas, well, depends on the sub, but not often.

it's the original name for a sealed enclosure, "infinite baffle" is an off shoot of dipole which is subs mounted free air on a baffle of certain size. if you really think about it infinite baffle doesn't even make sense to describe the type of install it is being refereed to as

mcintoshsigz.png

previously known as wenn_du_weinst aka fucking internet coward supreme.  I talk shit on other forums like a little bitch and hope i don't get caught out on the street.  

it's the original name for a sealed enclosure, "infinite baffle" is an off shoot of dipole which is subs mounted free air on a baffle of certain size. if you really think about it infinite baffle doesn't even make sense to describe the type of install it is being refereed to as

I know that that is what they called sealed boxes. My 30 year old wharfedales are classified as infinite baffle. Even a large room can't be an infinite baffle. My question is that how can a box which is not too much bigger than the vas even be considered an infinite baffle? It is even less infinite than a room.

My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build

because infinite baffle never used to mean having the sub 100% unloaded in a free air environment. It meant the baffle was in an infinite loop around the sub totally enclosing it.

mcintoshsigz.png

because infinite baffle never used to mean having the sub 100% unloaded in a free air environment. It meant the baffle was in an infinite loop around the sub totally enclosing it.

Ahhhh. That makes sense. Who changed the meaning then? A company? Or just some random who ended up starting a revolution? lol.