DC and Sundown Explorer - New Vids pg 5!

Hooking up the 4 channel today, putting in new speaker wires then we're done until the new head unit comes in later this week. then it just needs new speakers, The tablet pc, the second alternator and the finishing touches on the box.

Nice looking port hommie!!!!

Thanks dude.

Need Test Tones/Sine Waves? Click Here!

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd
Pioneer - Zapco - Hifonics - Sundown Audio - O2 Audio - RE Audio

Just Say No To Rear Speakers
Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Hit me up on Facebook, if you want

Hooking up the 4 channel today, putting in new speaker wires then we're done until the new head unit comes in later this week. then it just needs new speakers, The tablet pc, the second alternator and the finishing touches on the box.

Thanks dude.

hey im trying to run speaker wire through my 97 explorer

can you take pics of you running the wire through all the grommets?

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

hey im trying to run speaker wire through my 97 explorer

can you take pics of you running the wire through all the grommets?

The guys explorer isn't here so I can't take pics right now.

You are probably having trouble with the doors, right? those are a bitch.

the first paragraph is if you have power windows, it may be the same on the standard window model to, I just don't know.

On the driver one there is a can-like thing on the hinge area, the top has a 10mm bolt, loosen that, it takes forever, but the big plug will pop out of the bottom, and you will see a hole in the bottom corner of the piece that is mounted on the door, you can squeeze wire through that, then just poke a small hole in the rubber tube for the wire loom, close to the plug you just removed.

Pop the rubber tube off of the truck with a screwdriver. get a metal clothes hanger or something similar, and feed it through the hole you just put in the tube, fold one end over and tie the wire to it and you can pull it through. The rest of the doors just have rubber tubs with no connectors, so they are easy. On the inside of the truck you need to take off the floor trim by the doors, then the side/floor trim that is right under the dash in order to get to where the wire will come through. I

f you pop off the floor trim by the doors you will see a wire loom ran through a tube or sorts that you can pop open to run the speaker wiring in it, it is actually big enough that you can run 0 gauge down it, talk about convinient. I hope that helps. otherwise I'll get you some pics later if you still need them.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Well, yesterday was a day to bust ass on the explorer, and we got the treble done, and reran the RCAs, put the back seats back in, and got some videos done. We got up at 10 and worked on it until 9, here are some pics, I'll put videos up after I get them up on youtube.

First thing we started doing was installing speakers. 6x9s didn't fit in the back, not one to take no for an answer, this is what I did.

DSCN0364.jpg

Fuck this bracket, they're a bitch to take off.

DSCN0365.jpg

without it

DSCN0366.jpg

then I cut the shape out of MDF and bottom mounted the speakers to the wood frame

DSCN0368.jpg

Then I screwed the frame to the plastic and the screws are hidden by the grill.

DSCN0369.jpg

Here's how I did the fronts. First off particle board sucks for this, bit this is what I did.

Speakers going in

DSCN0386.jpg

Tracing the speakers

DSCN0381.jpg

Marking the holes to drill

DSCN0382.jpg

Cut out

DSCN0385.jpg

Drilled through the wood and door and mounted

DSCN0388.jpg

DSCN0387.jpg

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Running the RCAs and speaker wire

DSCN0380.jpg

DSCN0383.jpg

DSCN0378.jpg

DSCN0377.jpg

DSCN0373.jpg

DSCN0391.jpg

DSCN0394.jpg

Out crappy head unit that I just had laying around, it works for now

DSCN0393.jpg

Where we mounted the amp. We took out the ash tray to run the RCAs through it for the four channel.

DSCN0389-1.jpg

DSCN0403.jpg

DSCN0418.jpg

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

All done, for now.

DSCN0415.jpg

DSCN0419.jpg

GINYU FORCE!

DSCN0417.jpg

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

The guys explorer isn't here so I can't take pics right now.

You are probably having trouble with the doors, right? those are a bitch.

the first paragraph is if you have power windows, it may be the same on the standard window model to, I just don't know.

On the driver one there is a can-like thing on the hinge area, the top has a 10mm bolt, loosen that, it takes forever, but the big plug will pop out of the bottom, and you will see a hole in the bottom corner of the piece that is mounted on the door, you can squeeze wire through that, then just poke a small hole in the rubber tube for the wire loom, close to the plug you just removed.

Pop the rubber tube off of the truck with a screwdriver. get a metal clothes hanger or something similar, and feed it through the hole you just put in the tube, fold one end over and tie the wire to it and you can pull it through. The rest of the doors just have rubber tubs with no connectors, so they are easy. On the inside of the truck you need to take off the floor trim by the doors, then the side/floor trim that is right under the dash in order to get to where the wire will come through. I

f you pop off the floor trim by the doors you will see a wire loom ran through a tube or sorts that you can pop open to run the speaker wiring in it, it is actually big enough that you can run 0 gauge down it, talk about convinient. I hope that helps. otherwise I'll get you some pics later if you still need them.

yah i was loosening that bolt forever and just gave up lol

but thaanks so much for the help, i was having hell with that driver side door

ill let you know if i need some pics, thank you so much :drinks:

97 exploder xlt2 18" obsidian audio daul 2 v2s1 sundown audio saz1500d at .5 ohm2 sets of alpine type r components1 MB quart onyx 125.4alpine cda-98871 mike singer 250 amp altxs d3400 in the backall kicker wiringBIG 3singer resonance killer sound deadner throughout

yah i was loosening that bolt forever and just gave up lol

but thaanks so much for the help, i was having hell with that driver side door

ill let you know if i need some pics, thank you so much :drinks:

Yeah, that bolt takes forever to get it loose, but it's worth it when you see how easy it actually is after that.

My Saab 9000 build
1993 Saab 9000 Aero 5spd

Just Say No To CCA Wire
Real Men Drive Stick

Yeah, that bolt takes forever to get it loose, but it's worth it when you see how easy it actually is after that.

yep i just popped the bottom off and looks alot easier from here :yahoo:

Archived