Sonic Electronix

need help with new system in my blazer

Right now in my 1996 s10 blazer i have two rockford 12's; old 1999 rfz1812's.....and a "800" watt cuspid am-4503......ugh. right now im looking at 4 p2d410's for my next system in a sealed box in the back of my blazer running off a rockford prime R1000-1D amp. Im wondering if there are any other ways to spend my money? using roughly the same budget im sure you guys can come up with something. ported boxes would probably be my best bet as im not worried about SQ just some SPL. Though I would need help having the box designed as I have no idea how to design a ported box. Lastly id like to keep it rockford if possible.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

i would rather run cheaper but sexier then expensive and fucking ugly.

yeah man for sure go ported if you want to get loud

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

if you want spl, start out with a prefab box, they usually are pretty close to the recommend specs for the subs you're wanting to get...but if you want pure spl then one way to learn is download torres calculator, it'll give you all the dimensions for your box including port size. There are lots of info on building a box, i built mine living in an apartment, i cut all the pieces inside and glued/screwed them together and bought 2 4" aeroports.. Sounds good for the lows.

let us know your budget and what your electrical is and we can help ya. welcome to the forums

My alternator is stock but I can upgrade if need be to a bigger one. My battery (i only have one at the moment) is an everstart (made by johnson controls not exide) Maxx 1N. which is a decent battery. My budget is also about 5 or 600 dollars give or take. I can go higher if need be but id like to keep it fairly cheap seeing as im still in highschool.

2001 GMC Jimmy SLE 4X4 Floor Shift AutoHeadunit - Alpine CDA-117Front Door Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C MidsRear Door Speakers - NoneDash Speakers - Alpine SPS-600C TweetersSub Amp - Rockford Fosgate T4002Mids+Highs Amp - Rockford Fosgate P4004Subwoofer - P3D215 Fosgate Punch 15Sub Box - Rockford Fosgate designed "powerful" ported box Built by myself

Bump.... Come one guys you must have some ideas for me on this!

So ive been doing my research and measurments and decided that Id rather not have 4 10's and then started looking at 6 12's which i quickly dismissed. I think 4 12's or 4 15's would be best for me at the moment im just not sure if ill be able to have a big enough box in the back of my 96 4 dr blazer to fit 4 15's in a ported box. I do not want the box above the window line. anyone have any advice on weather i should go with the 4 p2d412's or 4 p2d415's? thank you. Oh and again im looking more for low window shaking, roof flexing, ear bleeding bass then sound quality. thanks

So ive been doing my research and measurments and decided that Id rather not have 4 10's and then started looking at 6 12's which i quickly dismissed. I think 4 12's or 4 15's would be best for me at the moment im just not sure if ill be able to have a big enough box in the back of my 96 4 dr blazer to fit 4 15's in a ported box. I do not want the box above the window line. anyone have any advice on weather i should go with the 4 p2d412's or 4 p2d415's? thank you. Oh and again im looking more for low window shaking, roof flexing, ear bleeding bass then sound quality. thanks

i think the 2 fully loaded ssd 15's on 2400 watts rms with the box i designed will get that kind of bass 8)

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

Take a look at my build log cause I have the same year blazer as you. I currently have 2 12 inch P3's in a 6 cubic foot box and takes up almost all of my room in the back, so I know you can get 6 cubes back there and be below the window line. My amps are currently mounted to the speaker box cause I have no room for them anywhere else and it works fine for me. I would go with the 4 12's firing up and the port on the bottom of the box going back bouncing off the tailgate. Mine sounds hella good and I love it!

Kenwood Excelon KDX-693 Head Unit

Kinetik HC600

Powerbass 6.75's in front doors

Powerbass 6.75's in rear deck

Powerbass 1000.1D

Powerbass 400.4

2 SA-12 inch Sundown Audio Subs

0 gauge Power Wire and Big 3

Custom Amp Rack

Code Alarm with remote start

Stinger Digital Volt Meter

My build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/51869-1996-chevy-blazer-build/

My youtube channel http://www.youtube.com/user/kanesdisciple