Sonic Electronix

Amp shows current running but subs wont work

So i decided to help someone out on just re-hooking up an old setup that was taken out of a car but put back in because of lack of selling the old setup. 2 Kenwood W 12s in a prefab box which he doesnt know the ohm load (2 sets of +/- coming from the box), 1 eclipse old school 250 watt 4 channel for his speakers and 1 old school pioneer 600 watt 2 channel for the subs. The head unit is an old Kenwood one bought in 04, which does not have the option to turn the sub on/off (i messed with the settings and never found such a option except to turn up the bass). The 4 channel works just fine (amp turns on, all 4 speakers work), but the 2 channel for the subs doesnt work. I checked all fuses, everything is good. I even put the multimeter to the power terminals and there is power going to it, except theres a reading of zero coming from the speaker outputs of the amp which could be a problem but i do not know for sure. The remote wire is connected. The car is a 03 mustang he has owned for 4 days, the previous owners say the subs/amp worked before they took it out (everything was done at best buy in 04). I do not know the exact model number of all the equipment, i will have that info tomorrow, but is there any other possibility that the subs do not work. Forgot to mention that the outputs for the amp were rusted, maybe its damaged? I do not want to tell him to get a new amp for sure, but idk what else there is i can do. I wanna tell him to buy a rf prime amp but not till im absolutely sure this amp is junk.

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

Im sorry if I missed it in your post but did you try and hook the subs up to the 4 channel just to see if they played?

u know what, i didnt really think about that, that would pretty much explain if its the amp for sure...im just still convinced there is something that needs to be turned on the head unit

Black 1998 Nissan Maxima
1st Setup: 145.8 DB Outlaw @37 HZ On Music Out Of Trunk
2nd Setup: 147.8 DB @42 HZ On Music Out The Trunk
Current Trunk Build:
153.8 DB Outlaw @ 49 HZ Out the trunk (150.8 DB Sealed)
Team gg.

i hope u dont think they are wireless subs, that u have to connect to your amp throught bluetooth :) hahah

just playing

maaan, umm hook the subs up 1 by 1 to the amp if they both work then your wiring is all kind of fuckd rewire it

if they dont work then check your amp terminals ouputs with a multimeter if you have one.

(i didnt read your whole post i skimmed through it) so if anything is mention that i mentioned sorry lol

if that dont work take a 18v battery and touch the sub wires (+) (-) and touch it see if they are live

BUILDLOG

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/ind...showtopic=61862

"98crewcab"Never a POS....just always "a work in progress" lol that's how we roll bitches!!!

Your a lowlife kid. I bet your mother wants to kill herself for not swallowing your ass.

Archived