Sonic Electronix

Factory reverse camera with aftermarket H/U???

I've got a 2009 Chrysler Aspen. i'm adding a Avic Z2 to the truck but I'd like to use the factory reverse camera. Is this possible? If so, what wires to I need to splice into to get the video to my Z2?

dj2q.jpg

Jared Nixon  A.K.A. Jsmoke

My Car Stereo Website: 3rd Coast Customs

My Fishing Website: BigLake411.com

Add me as a friend: Myspace

Download: Check out my Audio Calculations Spreadsheet (Microsoft Excel)

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Ok well I got my Z2 hooked up & everything is working fine. I have narrowed the search for the factory rearview camera to 2 plugs. There is a small brown plug on the back of the radio which I believe is for the factory sirius sat radio & a white AV plug. I just need to figure out which wires on the white plug are the + & - for the camera video. There is no power on the white plug @ all. Anyone got any experience with this one?

aspen.png

dj2q.jpg

ATTENTION ALL SMD MEMBERS: Do not under any circumstance buy anything from Chassistech! They do not stand behind their products & their customer service is horrible. They do not actually manufacture lowering springs, they drop ship them from Spring Tech. Chasistech.com also does business as Airbagit.com, Streetridepro.com & Truckinsuspension.com. They are all the same company! Do not trust these bastards! Their products are cheap & more often than not, you don't get what you actually order in the first place! YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!

Activate the reverse camera and then unplug the harnesses until the video goes away. I am not sure if there is a trigger wire which causes the factory unit to swap input to the screen or if it senses the composite video signal internally and switches over. You are not looking for + and - persay, but signal and ground. The AC video signal will still show on a screen without the ground, but it will be very noisy. I would also hunt the trigger wire if you can find one. Determining the signal wire will take at least a dmm.... looking for very low volt AC

04 Monochrome LT Chevy Tahoe

-A few wires, half a speaker, some watts

-All Black 6's

-Paint to Match, SS Bumper, Black grills.

-HID'ed and LED'ed

-A few performance enhancers

I have two nice subs for sale, but I am not allowed to help my fellow forum members by offering it to them for a nice price via my signature, sorry

I guess i need to remove the rear hatch & check the wires going to the camera itself to see if it is still getting power with the stock head unit removed. I have an aftermarket reverse camera but I'd just rather use the stock camera if it isn't too much trouble to do so. I can always just hook up the aftermarket camera if I have to. i was just trying to use the stock camera seeing as how it's already there.

dj2q.jpg

Archived