Sonic Electronix

Hey all

I got a 14 cubic foot box to place four 15s...

I need to do a large style port on the top of the box... but my depth needs to be super long... and

my box is only 18 inches tall...

How would I do a port that goes down to the bottom of the box then bends like an L?

I have soon tons of people do it... but how would I tune it? It seems pretty hard since im new to this.

My only other option is to do a way smaller port on top so the port depth doesnt need to be as long.

Basically just keep in mind when you start the length, and it's longer than the depth of the box, (which means you'll need to bend the port) you need to keep it the same distance from the back of the box as the width of the port.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

just get a box designer bro. better to spend a little mroe then to ruin a box and start all over again...

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

just get a box designer bro. better to spend a little mroe then to ruin a box and start all over again...

True, but he would never really learn how to make a box correctly if he didn't try. It's really not that hard if you just follow torres calc and use common knowledge.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

i used to think a band pass was something you were around your neck or something.

yeah but i wouldnt trust myself doing this on a big box like taht that cost money lol maybe a 1 12 box or something

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Who says he has to start big? He could build a small box, hah. Not practical, but hey it would be practice.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg

Make sure you measure the length down the middle of the port, including in the turn. Don't measure the inside or the outside, just down the middle.

This. Even though the lenghts are close to the same, it'll throw the tuning off a couple hertz. Go by the physical port length if you're measureing sides.

2006 Nissan Z Track.

My Feedback Thread

2nqd37b.png

DCSig.jpg