Bassing At A Stop Sign

noticed this too. except no system on.. when im slowing down and have foot on brake i drop in 12s randomly :( only for like 2 sec then come back up

Steve I don't know why but everytime I see your new paint I want a Dr. Pepper...... is this normal?

heres an analogy for you. running a high power stereo without a fuse is like having unprotected sex with that hot chick at the bar with the sketchy sexual history. Sure you may be fine and nothing happens but that one time something does happen you're fucked.

i dont want woofer broke like bass sound clip clip and voice coil overheat

2 sa12s, saz1500 build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/91183-chapo123s-sundown-build-log/page__gopid__1250604entry1250604

1j1450.png

Been there done that, lol. Should be nice though when you're done with the electrical. What is your setup?

I have 2 Alpine Type R's in a 3.96 cu^ft Box tuned to 34hz. I have Hifonics BXI 2010D Running the Subs, and A Zeus ZXI 4410 for the Highs Plus, A bunch of other equipment. Here is a link to my build log but it is not finished, Im in the process of ordering 3 Batts, 100ft of 1/0, Im Also fabricating amp rack wire covers with tons of led's, Its gonna be Nice. I have a surprise coming up really soon.

My Build Log

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/73637-toadys-2000-grand-am-gt-new-pics-on-pg2/

No ignorant people bump at lights.

Well... I guess you could call me ignorant then..... See the thing is I use my System for what its supposed to be used for which is playing music, now the thing is when im driving im enjoying my music. Now when a stop light or stop sign comes up why should i turn it down its not like im in front of a church or someones house rudely bumping it. Im on the highway so............,if you like to turn yours down the go ahead, thats your problem /END

i've noticed that idle in drive is different than idle in park. if you understand what i'm saying. when in park at full tilt, i drop to 13 at most. but when i'm in drive, like say at a stop sign, i can drop to 12.2

dont know the solution tho.

Me either, hopefully with a stiffer electrical it wont drop as bad

when ya car is running its pulling juice at idle and more when in gear and that alt does about 150-170 amps at idle right and your amp draws a good amount of current so thats why u drop at stop lights and signs. add more batteries or get another alt.

I know a lil about everything so dont call me Mr. Know it All.

when ya car is running its pulling juice at idle and more when in gear and that alt does about 150-170 amps at idle right and your amp draws a good amount of current so thats why u drop at stop lights and signs. add more batteries or get another alt.

Yeah it draws quite a bit, i didnt want to have to run dual alts, maybe just double up on batteries.

Theres no way you need dual alternators to run 2k. Did you get a spec sheet with your alternator?

SPL-Lab REPCar: 1996 Honda Accord F22B1 CoupeSuspension: Megan Racing Full Street Coilover Dampener KitAlternator: DC Power XP 270Batteries: XS Power D5100 & D3100Wiring: KnuKonceptz & 2/0 Welding cableHeadunit: Kenwood KDC-MP642UComponents: Hybrid Audio ClarusAmplifers: Lanzar OPTI250X4Subwoofer: 2 Sundown Audio E8.v2Deadener: Sound Deadener ShowdownSPL Meter: SPL-Lab RTA Pro meterWant an SPL meter for a lot less than the cost of a Termlab, but just as accurate and has the same features? PM me.CA ref: (enellz, 92c1v1c, el_chupo_, Thixx, Kraudio12, SethPhillips, NJack2AF, JamesKarr, ExpoSport, 01 S 10, wgsj_fortvalley, fast306stang, Lakota, blackga, TheLow, adrian1185, the727kid, rudy, sundownz, lmllopez, traksta15, gentlejax, satchel50207, Bigthangs, Goindef154)CACO ref: (extremechevyman67, ghostmechanic, FatBoy2, TheMan007, bdufner, 350zkid, ironb, bmansbach)SSA ref as phi: ( shizzzon, porkchop, onebadmonte, stevemead, TRP, ///M5, denim)SMD ref: (DC Power Rob, Nathan@XSPOWER, Jman08)And then some.

Archived