Bassing At A Stop Sign

I'm not a noob, just want some input from other people to see if problem is common. Alright well i have a mechman 270 amp alt with the big 3 upgrade. When i drive with music up it drops from 14.8 to 14.6. When im at idle and really slamming it it will drop but not under 13. Well when i stop at a stop light or stop sign with my music up and full tilt, i get worse drops, lowest one so far was 12. I know why it drops so low its because of the ABS that also pulls current. Im upgrading the electrical soon to a Xs Power D2400 under the hood, along with 2 1200's in the trunk. Will the volts at a stop light not drop as bad or even at all, or will it still drop pretty bad. Info is in the sig

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st... turn your shit down at stopsigns

2nd... its because the output at idle isnt as great as output at highway speed...

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/79921-rogers-700-dream-car-update-page-17-a-wall/?p=2335774

93 Saturn SC2My system4 SA-15's Walled

2 Cerwin-Vega S2000's

3 Kinetik Hc2000's

Dual 200amp alts.

you guys done with the peepee touching contest or do I need to end it?

its because it knows your bumping in traffic shame on you! lol just givin ya a hard time but any upgrade you do will help somewhat

I don't fuck around. I go from zero to I hope you die in less than 2 posts

build log http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/104524-new-subs-coming-sundown-3500d-arc-audio-cable-lacing-crescendo/

2nd... its because the output at idle isnt as great as output at highway speed...

1. With stout electrical you can full tilt it without dropping that low, the point is even when im out of the car with the music playing, driving, stopped, etc. I dont need it almost hitting the 11's.

2. I understand that, the alt i have has great idle amperage but it does not compare to the output at higher rpms. I just want it a pretty stable setup no matter if the car is rolling or not.

its because it knows your bumping in traffic shame on you! lol just givin ya a hard time but any upgrade you do will help somewhat

HAHA, Everyone here bumps in traffic, and i just like to ride without having to mess with the volume all the time.

posting your NOT a noob isnt helping your case......The first step to solving a problem is admitting it

J/k im just busting your balls

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

you getting batteries will help out, when i had my tahoe mine would drop to the lowest on the gauge i think its 10 but it was basically bouncing between that and the middle NEVER anymore and i got a battery and it helped out alot!

i was dumb and didnt really know better....

I SCAM PEOPLE OUT OF MONEY... AVOID ME LIKE I AM AN AIDS INFECTED RETARD...

....I knew someone was going to say this. I don't believe there is anything wrong with bumping at a stop sign, or light as long as its not residential. But your rant will not stop red light bumpers, nor will we change your mind.

So maybe...just leaving the subject out to avoid unnecessary arguments not pertaining to the topic would benefit us all around.

OP, of course idle output won't equal max output while driving. But also depends on cooling and how fast the alternator is recharging the battery.

Tell me...does this smell like chloroform to you?

Anybody else noticed this before?? Plans are 4 runs of 1/0 plus 3 batts to help, first need to know if when brake is pushed if something in the electrical is supposed to drop the volts alot

Archived