Second Skin Audio

I've found a 18inch woofer, want your opinions.

i was cruising the board and someone posted this Dayton 18" sub

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

it has great reivews on the site, and most are saying it doesnt need alot of watts to get pretty low and loud, i was thinking going with maybe the AQ 1200D as my amp or maybe something like a JL 500/1. one review said they used a JL 250/1 and it slammed pretty good. what do you guys think?

i was cruising the board and someone posted this Dayton 18" sub

http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=295-475

it has great reivews on the site, and most are saying it doesnt need alot of watts to get pretty low and loud, i was thinking going with maybe the AQ 1200D as my amp or maybe something like a JL 500/1. one review said they used a JL 250/1 and it slammed pretty good. what do you guys think?

i've used that sub on off just 500 watts it sounded like it was on about 1500 watts. and its really clean sounding. if you get the aq 1200 i would get 3 or 4 of them. what vehicle is it going in?

My Car Audio Setup:

Sub: 1 RE Audio HC 15 Dual 2 ohm(soon to get a psi recone)

Daily Sub Box: 1.62 cubes net with 2 dayton audio 8 inch passive radiators tuned to 34.35 hz, 141.9 @ 48 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Competition Sub Box: 3.10 cubic ft. net tuned to 50.58 hz with 2 6 inch aeroports, 147.9 @ 62 hz sealed on the dash with termlab

Amp: Powerbass ASA 1000.1 Dx(eventually gonna get a planet audio bb2400.1)

Big 3: Phoenix Gold 1/0 Gauge

Amp Wire: Knukoncepts 1/0 gauge

Alternator: Stock 90 amp

Battery Under the hood: Autocraft Gold Top Battery

Battery In Back: None for now but I am looking for one so pm me if you have one for sale

HU: Pioneer DEH-2900MP

Front/Rear Amp: Hifonics Txi-4408 4 channel amp

Front Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6.5 coaxial

Rear Deck Speakers: Orion Cobalt 6x9 coaxial

Home Audio Setup:

Speakers:2 Cerwin Vega D-3's (10" Woofer,5 1/4" mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)

2 Cerwin Vega D-5's (12" Directed Audio Xtreme 124SX Subwoofer,5 1/4 mid-range,1" Bullet Dome Tweeter)Kenwood center channel and rears.

Amp: 2 Kenwood KM-105's from 1985

Receiver: JVC RX-6008V 5.1 Channel Receiver

Pre-Amp: Kenwood KC-993

Sub: still looking for one thinking about getting a 18 or 15 for my sub to hit the lows if anyone has one pm me

I do free box designs if anyone is interested

07 impala,great trunk space for one. you say 3 or 4 aq 1200's for just this one sub?

hes telling you if you go with aq 1200 ,it will push 3 or 4 subs ,cause that amp will smoke one of those subs by its self.

Edited by big dee

no what hes saying is that you can run 3 or 4 subs at once off of that amp.

SONY XAV-701HD
RF power 400.4 RF power 1000bd

3 Sundown x8's d2
2004 f150 single cab
2 sets of components MB quart 6.5 onx (2 tweets 2 6.5 perdoor)
stock batt up fron
BIG 3

http://www.stevemead...-vid-pg-11-922/

http://www.youtube.c.../TheBigmescan74

i wouldnt run the audioque 1200 on that sub ,cause you would be throwing money away it will last maybe 10 mins. unless you dont turn it up, and then it might last a few hours at best just get a audioque 18 if you want to run that much power. and save your self some loot

true true, i was thinking that too, but the AQ1200d will do 500 watts @4 ohms if i can remember correctly, but i may just try my Precision Power PC250 on the sub at first then go from there. im not looking to be running stupid amounts of Watts RIGHT now. just wanna hear some nice low bass.

to the people who are saying that the sub wouldnt last on a aq1200. if the op reads a little he can set the amp to a certain rms with a dmm and not blow it. if your stupid and just crank shit up ya its gonna go up in smoke. if he gets the aq1200 he is better prepared for his future upgrades cuz im sure once he gets the 18 eventually hes gonna want a bigger 18 and he will be ok cuz he will have some power for it

2015 silverado crew cab

nothing atm but soon...