NcHalfrican Posted August 29, 2010 Report Posted August 29, 2010 I'm assembling speakers for a component set, and running them active. Do I need to match impedances among the speakers?
bassl0va Posted August 29, 2010 Report Posted August 29, 2010 So a mid on one channel and a tweeter on the other? As long as the final ohm load is stable for each channel of the amp then you just set the gains correctly. That's how I read it anyway. My RE MT 18" wall build Former build, farewell beloved wall.In progress, Toyota Starlet build This forum has a massive boner for ridiculous electrical upgrades.
NcHalfrican Posted August 29, 2010 Author Report Posted August 29, 2010 yeah I thought so, I just didn't know if running different ohm loads on the same amp would cause any complications, even if they were on different channels
Bigg Boy Posted August 29, 2010 Report Posted August 29, 2010 So a mid on one channel and a tweeter on the other? As long as the final ohm load is stable for each channel of the amp then you just set the gains correctly. That's how I read it anyway. Correct I run mine active and my ids are 4Ω and tweeters are 8Ω Dodge Magnum with custom 300c front end, laid out on air bags *4) 12" Cadence Daytona walled *1) AudioQue 20k *270a DC Power Alt (Dual coming soon)
Recommended Posts
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.