Sonic Electronix

ok i dont want any one talking me down i just want some help ok i was being a noob of course cuz thats what i am and i made a nooby mistake which took one of my subs and i put it on a differnt amp and one was blown anyways i put on my other sub and it worked which was good and then i put it on my sundown and it worked but when i messed up it went into protection mode and then all the fuses blew but it works on that one subs perfect after i put new fuses in and but my bass knob dosent any ideas on why that would be and plz no rude comments im learning and this was my first major mess up so trial and error

ok the other day i made a noob mistake. i made my amp go into protection mode and blew all the fuses and one sub. so to see what i needed i got a spare amp and put it on the two subs. one worked,so i tryed the working one on the sundown and then it powered it fine and the power light was on. so i rehooked in the bass knob but that does not work its not a big deal cuz i dont like using them but its always nice to have.

ok the other day i made a noob mistake. i made my amp go into protection mode and blew all the fuses and one sub. so to see what i needed i got a spare amp and put it on the two subs. one worked,so i tryed the working one on the sundown and then it powered it fine and the power light was on. so i rehooked in the bass knob but that does not work its not a big deal cuz i dont like using them but its always nice to have.

That's strange. So one of your subs blew?

formerly known as Jaylor Swift

Ok, so your amp went into protect, fuses blew and you fried a sub. Then hooked the working sub on a different amp and it worked so now the working sub is back on the Sundown amp and everything is working. But when the bass knob is connected, it doesn't work. Correct?

Ok, is there no output when the bassknob is connected or does it go back into protect? Was the bass knob up? Also, how sure are you the other sub blew? I'd throw a DMM on it to measure the coils. Also, as you said, if for some reason the amp won't work withthe knob, like you said, just use the amp without it for now.

Ok, so your amp went into protect, fuses blew and you fried a sub. Then hooked the working sub on a different amp and it worked so now the working sub is back on the Sundown amp and everything is working. But when the bass knob is connected, it doesn't work. Correct?

Ok, is there no output when the bassknob is connected or does it go back into protect? Was the bass knob up? Also, how sure are you the other sub blew? I'd throw a DMM on it to measure the coils. Also, as you said, if for some reason the amp won't work withthe knob, like you said, just use the amp without it for now.

ok the other sub is blown i tried it on both amps and nothing but the other sub works on both the remote is plugged in on the sundown the whole time and dosent mess with the performance of the amp the remote itself dosenot work which dosent make much sense to me

Archived