Help me get louder.. PLZ.

Aight i have a 15" fi Bl and a 1500.1bd cp currently wired @ 4 ohms cuz my alt. sucks but i do have the big three done.. So right now the sub is in a box with 4cu ft net. and tuned to 34hz, which i did for daily. it beats the lows but ther is an extreme amount of trunk rattle when the lows hit so what can i do to stop that? the box is sub up and port back and yes it has to be sub up. also i have fold down seats in my 1990 integra (4dr). The car is old and overall there is alot of rattle in the back, like the baffle that my rear speakers sit on moves alot and now my rockford 6.5 spker grills are cracked because of it. anyways back to the subject of getting loud.. i was hitting a 142.7 with a 15in cvx. im wanting to do a 45. so what are some things i should do?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

Aight i have a 15" fi Bl and a 1500.1bd cp currently wired @ 4 ohms cuz my alt. sucks but i do have the big three done.. So right now the sub is in a box with 4cu ft net. and tuned to 34hz, which i did for daily. it beats the lows but ther is an extreme amount of trunk rattle when the lows hit so what can i do to stop that? the box is sub up and port back and yes it has to be sub up. also i have fold down seats in my 1990 integra (4dr). The car is old and overall there is alot of rattle in the back, like the baffle that my rear speakers sit on moves alot and now my rockford 6.5 spker grills are cracked because of it. anyways back to the subject of getting loud.. i was hitting a 142.7 with a 15in cvx. im wanting to do a 45. so what are some things i should do?

First the trunk... go to a local audioshop, or second skin, and get damplifier, put 2 layers all over it, like cover the trunk with damplifier once, then again, that should stop the rattle, will still flex, but wont be like metal on metal rattle sound, cuz its matted. and i have a gmc 1500 sierra (ect cab truck) so im not sure what this baffle is, but if its the spot by your back window behind rear seat headrests, theres got to be a way to brace it good, but for the trunk yeah get some damplifier, will stop rattle, and you can go down to 1 ohm, my truck has 2 aq hdc3 12's.. 4-5cuft. after disp box, aq2200d amp, and its all down to 1 ohm, with a 100 amp alt. (bare in mind i just got this setup, and saving as we speak for a dc alt 200, maybe 300+)it works fine, i got big 3 done too, and 2 yellowtop batteries, so its not that bad for a temp. alt. if you wana bang a 45' damp that trunk, and go down to 1 ohm

1998 GMC Jimmy 4 Dr.

-SINGER 275 Amp Alternator

-150 FT. Of 1/0 OFC (8 runs) 4 pos, 4 neg. Front-back.

-Audioque AQ2200D @ .5 ohm

-2 Audioque HDC3 18's Tuned to 27-29 HZ

-4 Clarion 6.5's

-2 Optima yellowtops

black-diamond.jpg

yep, 1ohm will triple your power. in a perfect world, thats a 6db increase. i would expect it to get to 146-147.

damplifier will help a lot. some car extra weather stripping may help, any auto parts store should have some. then use some foam tape (foam weather stripping) on the back of the license plate and the frame. deanen that rear deck while your at it. i would take out the rear speakers and let the sound though. should help a lot.

If I answered you in a well mannered, informative way, you asked a good question or had a good attitude. If I was an asshole, you asked a stupid question or you had a fucktard attitude... or I was in a bad mood.

Team BassickHU: Pioneer AVIC Z110Front: Peerless SLS 6.5", Peerless HDS 4", Rainbow tweeter - running activeAmp: JL HD600/4 and DC 4 channel (bridged to midbass)Processor: JBL MS-8Subs: 2x 12" AA MayhemsAmp: DC 3kElectrical: DC power 270xp alt. 1/0 big 4. XSpower D3400 and six D680s.

http://www.stevemeadedesigns.com/board/topic/121795-29-update-the-buick-is-getting-a-rebuild/

Top career scores: DBdrag 151.7 MECA SQ 82.25My SOTM build

Yeah. im pretty sure they dont warranty retarded people.

First the trunk... go to a local audioshop, or second skin, and get damplifier, put 2 layers all over it, like cover the trunk with damplifier once, then again, that should stop the rattle, will still flex, but wont be like metal on metal rattle sound, cuz its matted. and i have a gmc 1500 sierra (ect cab truck) so im not sure what this baffle is, but if its the spot by your back window behind rear seat headrests, theres got to be a way to brace it good, but for the trunk yeah get some damplifier, will stop rattle, and you can go down to 1 ohm, my truck has 2 aq hdc3 12's.. 4-5cuft. after disp box, aq2200d amp, and its all down to 1 ohm, with a 100 amp alt. (bare in mind i just got this setup, and saving as we speak for a dc alt 200, maybe 300+)it works fine, i got big 3 done too, and 2 yellowtop batteries, so its not that bad for a temp. alt. if you wana bang a 45' damp that trunk, and go down to 1 ohm

alright thanks man this helps alot! :) yea the thing behing my seats by the window is the baffle, or its what i call it bc speakers are mounted there.. it flexes like no other.. and how much would all this sound deadner cost?

1995 Integra GSR (DB8)

Pioneer 3200-DVD

6.5 rockford fosgate 2-way fronts

6.5 rockford fosgate 3-way rear

saz-3000D

(2) 12" SA-12s

mwspllogo.jpg

• 1 month later...

alright thanks man this helps alot! :) yea the thing behing my seats by the window is the baffle, or its what i call it bc speakers are mounted there.. it flexes like no other.. and how much would all this sound deadner cost?

The general rule is a trunk kit is 20 sq. ft. and that's about eighty bucks. Look at Audio Wrap, you can get 62.5 sq. ft. for just under 200 and it's great stuff. I have about eighty sq. ft. in my car and it works amazing.

Edited by MONSONwarrior

2002 Chevrolet Trailblazer LT

Jensen VM9223 | Pioneer Premier Comps | Audiopipe AP15001D | DC Level 4 XL 18 in 6 cubes @ 36hz | Deka 9A78DT | Knu 4 Gauge | Big 3

The general rule is a trunk kit is 20 sq. ft. and that's about eighty bucks. Look at Audio Wrap, you can get 62.5 sq. ft. for just under 200 and it's great stuff. I have about eighty sq. ft. in my car and it works amazing.

2x audiowrap ftw

1) lookj to left

2) NOTICE BLKUE

3) ME > Y9OU

4) that is all

• 2 months later...

Make expanding foam your friend before you lay the ss. Foam between the trunk lid bracing and the sheet metal then lay the ss over that. Drop to one ohm and watch your volts if that doesn't work a new box design is a must sub up are ok but sub forward is where sound pressure is found

95 f150 xlt

Dc lvl 4 xl 18"

Aq3500 at .5

149.7 on music

2010 meca as3 world champ

2010 meca as3 Ky state record holder and ky state champ